VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. More than a decade ago, I used a variet of graphics and capture cards to cap my analogue Sharp Viewcam (VL-E31) 8mm tapes for editing. The learning curve was huge and now, having used Vegas and DV tape cams since then, I am wondering if the original captures (now long deleted) were of the best quality possible. To that end, after quite a bit of research, I have a Cannopus ADVC110 with a view to redoing them while the tape and very old cam are still usable.

Key question, of course, is the best setting to use for the box, which converts the analogue into a DV capture which Vegas shows as:
    720x576x24 at 25fps (I'm in the UK so us PAL)
    32 Hz, 16bit stereo (even though the analogue signal is not stereo but I can convert this in Vegas by duplicating the single channel)

Beyond the tiny trip switches on the bottom of the box, there are no other settings on it to change. For info, my trip switches are:
    1 format: PAL - on
    2 NTSC set up level:
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's more common to select 48KHz sampling , rather than 32KHz. Most video formats use 48KHz.

I don;t think it matters which position the NTSC level switch is in. It sets the IRE level for NTSC signals, which have different values in different countries where the NTSC standard is used.
    Doesn't apply to PAL

EDIT: New identical thread opened by OP here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/376541-Cannopus-ADVC110-best-settings-for-analogue-...m-cap-in-Vegas

Same answer given there... suggest you add to that thread....
    Last edited by pippas; 23rd Jan 2016 at 09:25.
    Quote Quote