VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I started a new thread instead of piggybacking on an old one, hope no one minds.
    I have two mkv 720 HD movies (blu-ray rips ), the Godfather 1 & 2 . Neither one has the forced subtitles in them, (the parts where they talk Italian). Two questions. 1) Is there a site where I can download just the forced subtitles for these movies. 2) If the answer to #1 is yes, what software can I use to put these forced subtitles back into the movie? (is it called remuxing?). This gets confusing. Thanks for any assistance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. Search https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/305253-Good-subtitle-sites
    2. mkvtoolnix can multiplex subs to the mkv. If you want hardcoded subs in the video you can use freemake video converter or avidemux and reconvert.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Baldrick for the reply. Hopefully I can figure out what to do
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A lot of blu-ray titles do not have subtitles marked as forced. So am afraid your search to find such may be futile. I've not seen a subtitle site that has the non enlish pats of the movie.

As an after thought the best way to rip a movie, is to de-mux all subtitle streams if you have multiple English streams.
    Now that you have all the Enlish subtitles you need to identify the one you want. Sometimes the subtite will actually be labled like "english_forced" (in ripbot they often are) if so the wok is done for you. If none of the subtitles are labeled forced you have a few of options available to identify the correct subtitle stream..
    1.Identify which subtitles are set default using bdedit.
    2. An easier method would be to convert the English subs to .srt load the txt files into your text editor and identify the correct subtitle file.
    3. Convert subs to English mux each of them into your mkv\mp4. Play the file and select sub streams to determine correct one. Re-mux using mkvMerge marking that stream as default, you can then un-check the other sub streams to exclude them from the muxed mkv.

In your case i would de-mux my disk again, and use one of these methods to mux the subtitle stream into my mkv.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bogey219 View Post
    Is there a site where I can download just the forced subtitles
    http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/3590602/the-godfather-en
    The.Godfather.1972.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264.dxva-EuReKA.ENG_Forced.srt

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/3590605/the-godfather-part-ii-en
    The.Godfather.II.1974.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264.dxva-EuReKA.ENG_Forced.srt

Since they were evidently sourced from the BluRay, maybe you can do it yourself.
    In any case, as always, check and adjust the sync.
    Quote Quote