Hi again
I have a Panasonix PV-8500 VCR set. I bought it in my very early 20s, and gently used it until the late 90s. After that, I properly stored it in my bedroom closet in its original packaging. On a lark, I pulled it out and it worked! I took it to an old VCR repair person who w stll works on them in retirement. He cleaned it out, replaced the rubber parts and changed out a suspicious cap. It plays and records perfectly. I had dust covers for it when I used it but they long ago fell into some black hole somewhere to never be found. Even if they were still in existence, that they would be so brittle as to be unusable.
Right now, I'm using a dish towel as a dust cover. I suspect thatcoriginal dust covers are made of unobtainium. I want to leave the cables connected but still have proper fitted dust covers.
Any ideas or suggestions are quite welcom. I do not mind paying for custom made dust covers.
Thank you very much...
Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Similar Threads
-
Need manual for Panasonix PV-8500
By Kotobukikitten in forum Newbie / General discussionsReplies: 0Last Post: 30th Aug 2026, 12:14 -
Batch script for removing/adding mkv covers
By piratikxd in forum ProgrammingReplies: 2Last Post: 21st Dec 2025, 08:49 -
help needed scan dvd and vhs and blu ray covers to picture files without pc
By barry25 in forum Off topicReplies: 0Last Post: 3rd Feb 2024, 09:17 -
FFmpeg: extract audio, cut and add covers in one operation
By ProbMob in forum AudioReplies: 2Last Post: 20th Jun 2022, 22:32 -
download streaming movie covers
By bolt in forum Video Streaming DownloadingReplies: 0Last Post: 6th Jun 2022, 12:58



Quote