VideoHelp Forum




Closed Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. *edit* already figured out the answer from my own research so thanks anyway trolls.
    Last edited by rodling; 3rd Oct 2026 at 23:54.

  2. Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Have some old tapes I want to digitize, does anyone know how much it matters if it's a "quick play" VCR or not, in terms of how much
    it will impact digitization or playback ?
    "quick play" has nothing to do with the playback. It just means that when you stop your play, the tape remains pulled out of the cassette and wrapped around the drum with the heads. This way you can start playback instantly.
    VCRs without that feature just retract the tape back into the cassette, so it would take more time to start playing back again.
    If you're choosing a VCR for your digitizing process, there are other, way more important parameters and features, like s-video output and TBC.
    Last edited by CaptureCraft; 3rd Oct 2026 at 14:10.
    Head switching noise? Use my Custom JVC VCR Service Remote Control (PTU94023B) to eliminate it!

  3. Yeah but my question was not about s-video or TBC it was about quick play.......

  4. Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Yeah but my question was not about s-video or TBC it was about quick play.......
    I did answer your question about the quick play, didn't i?
    Head switching noise? Use my Custom JVC VCR Service Remote Control (PTU94023B) to eliminate it!

  5. Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Yeah but my question was not about s-video or TBC it was about quick play.......
    I did answer your question about the quick play, didn't i?
    Well sort of but it was mainly about how much it matters if the goal was to capture it in the best quality.

  6. Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Yeah but my question was not about s-video or TBC it was about quick play.......
    I did answer your question about the quick play, didn't i?
    Well sort of but it was mainly about how much it matters if the goal was to capture it in the best quality.
    I said "quick play has nothing to do with the playback".
    I don't see any ambiguity or understatement here. It's not difficult to deduce that if there is no effect on playback, then there is no effect on capture.
    Head switching noise? Use my Custom JVC VCR Service Remote Control (PTU94023B) to eliminate it!

  7. Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Yeah but my question was not about s-video or TBC it was about quick play.......
    I did answer your question about the quick play, didn't i?
    Well sort of but it was mainly about how much it matters if the goal was to capture it in the best quality.
    I said "quick play has nothing to do with the playback".
    I don't see any ambiguity or understatement here. It's not difficult to deduce that if there is no effect on playback, then there is no effect on capture.
    quick play has 100 percent to do with playback given, as the name suggests, it is literally about how a tape is played. Look man if you're gonna act all snotty then you don't have to help ok very simple.

  8. Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Yeah but my question was not about s-video or TBC it was about quick play.......
    I did answer your question about the quick play, didn't i?
    Well sort of but it was mainly about how much it matters if the goal was to capture it in the best quality.
    I said "quick play has nothing to do with the playback".
    I don't see any ambiguity or understatement here. It's not difficult to deduce that if there is no effect on playback, then there is no effect on capture.
    quick play has 100 percent to do with playback given, as the name suggests, it is literally about how a tape is played. Look man if you're gonna act all snotty then you don't have to help ok very simple.
    OK.
    Could you please provide your version of what exactly "quick play" means?
    Preferably with references to the sources, like manuals.
    Thank you.
    Head switching noise? Use my Custom JVC VCR Service Remote Control (PTU94023B) to eliminate it!

  9. Anyway.....I was reading some material that says due to how VCRs with quick play internally handles the actual tape compared to other VCRs without it there may be some impact but wondering if any experience.

    *edit* yeah not sure what axe this other use has to grind but I'm not here to prove myself to anyone if they don't approve of my question.
    Last edited by rodling; 3rd Oct 2026 at 20:38.

  10. Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Yeah but my question was not about s-video or TBC it was about quick play.......
    I did answer your question about the quick play, didn't i?
    Well sort of but it was mainly about how much it matters if the goal was to capture it in the best quality.
    I said "quick play has nothing to do with the playback".
    I don't see any ambiguity or understatement here. It's not difficult to deduce that if there is no effect on playback, then there is no effect on capture.
    quick play has 100 percent to do with playback given, as the name suggests, it is literally about how a tape is played. Look man if you're gonna act all snotty then you don't have to help ok very simple.
    OK.
    Could you please provide your version of what exactly "quick play" means?
    Preferably with references to the sources, like manuals.
    Thank you.
    Don't ever become a teacher. Like, seriously, get lost. I ask a question and now you demand I do homework to prove myself to you, rich.
    Last edited by rodling; 3rd Oct 2026 at 20:36.

  11. Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Anyway.....I was reading some material that says due to how VCRs with quick play internally handles the actual tape compared to other VCRs without it there may be some impact but wondering if any experience.

    *edit* yeah not sure what axe this other use has to grind but I'm not here to prove myself to anyone if they don't approve of my question.
    Well, do you still have access to these materials?

    There is nothing wrong with your question.
    What I find is wrong, is that you're saying that I'm wrong (which is possible), but you don't provide anything to support your claim.
    Head switching noise? Use my Custom JVC VCR Service Remote Control (PTU94023B) to eliminate it!

  12. Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Yeah but my question was not about s-video or TBC it was about quick play.......
    I did answer your question about the quick play, didn't i?
    Well sort of but it was mainly about how much it matters if the goal was to capture it in the best quality.
    I said "quick play has nothing to do with the playback".
    I don't see any ambiguity or understatement here. It's not difficult to deduce that if there is no effect on playback, then there is no effect on capture.
    quick play has 100 percent to do with playback given, as the name suggests, it is literally about how a tape is played. Look man if you're gonna act all snotty then you don't have to help ok very simple.
    OK.
    Could you please provide your version of what exactly "quick play" means?
    Preferably with references to the sources, like manuals.
    Thank you.
    Don't ever become a teacher. Like, seriously, get lost. I ask a question and now you demand I do homework to prove myself to you, rich.
    I don't think you're in a position to tell another user to get lost.
    And no, I'm here not to teach anyone to anything. I'm here to share my experience. You don't like it? Just ignore me. Plain and simple.
    Head switching noise? Use my Custom JVC VCR Service Remote Control (PTU94023B) to eliminate it!

  13. Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Originally Posted by CaptureCraft View Post
    Originally Posted by rodling View Post
    Yeah but my question was not about s-video or TBC it was about quick play.......
    I did answer your question about the quick play, didn't i?
    Well sort of but it was mainly about how much it matters if the goal was to capture it in the best quality.
    I said "quick play has nothing to do with the playback".
    I don't see any ambiguity or understatement here. It's not difficult to deduce that if there is no effect on playback, then there is no effect on capture.
    quick play has 100 percent to do with playback given, as the name suggests, it is literally about how a tape is played. Look man if you're gonna act all snotty then you don't have to help ok very simple.
    OK.
    Could you please provide your version of what exactly "quick play" means?
    Preferably with references to the sources, like manuals.
    Thank you.
    Don't ever become a teacher. Like, seriously, get lost. I ask a question and now you demand I do homework to prove myself to you, rich.
    I don't think you're in a position to tell another user to get lost.
    And no, I'm here not to teach anyone to anything. I'm here to share my experience. You don't like it? Just ignore me. Plain and simple.
    Sure thing troll.

  14. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Member Since 2005, Re-joined in 2016
    Search PM
    Quick play feature has absolutely nothing to do with digitization, playback or recording, The way it works has already been explained in post #2, If you are confused with another feature that it may bear a similar name or function please describe it in more details or reference a material.

  15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    Some people like to know so much that they send out messages that just give out nothing new like fast loading is so great that it is the best thing for vcr's,all it does is play the tape a little faster,this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.




Similar Threads

Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!