Hello everyone,
I need some guidance and help with a video.
I’m looking for an AI tool that can remove a distracting object from a video (a light bulb shining brightly on the ceiling—it’s so bright that it’s all you can see).
In this video, the camera is stationary. Runway AI seems capable, but I don’t want to subscribe—unless there’s a way to sign up for a one-month trial? Do you know if that’s possible?
Personally, I’ve tested a few programs—they’re all paid, operate on a credit system, and I only need this once.
What high-performance, free software is available? (Software like CapCut doesn’t do a good job with this.)
Is there anyone in this group’s video-making community who could use their (professional) software to make that light bulb on the ceiling and its glare disappear for me?
The video is 22 seconds long.
Thank you very much in advance.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
-
-
Removing the light bulb won't help if that's all you see,unless you can see other items then it's a no go.
I think,therefore i am a hamster. -
Yes we cant recover information which wasnt captured. Not even AI can.
-
I know DaVinci's object removal feature might help you remove that light bulb, though I'm not sure how well it would work. You could try posting the video in a relevant community to ask for help removing it. After all, the video isn't long, so it wouldn't take much time.
-
Late reply, but for anyone who lands here with the same problem: because the camera is locked off, you don't really need AI for this. The classic fix is a clean plate. If any frame of the clip, or another take from the same spot, shows that part of the ceiling with less glare, grab a still of it and mask it over the bulb for the full 22 seconds. The free version of DaVinci Resolve can do this with a masked still on the track above, or a paint and clone node in Fusion.
johns0 and timtape are right about the limit, though. Where the glare has blown the picture to pure white there is no detail underneath, so any tool is inventing what goes there. On a plain static ceiling that usually looks fine. On a face or detailed background it won't.
If you would rather not learn a compositor for a one-off: disclosure, I build Vidmoat, a hosted AI video editor, and it has an object removal step where you mark the bulb and it fills that area across the clip. A locked-off 22-second shot like this is a good fit for it. Whichever route you take, also pull down the glow around the bulb afterwards with a soft mask and lower highlights, so the filled area doesn't sit inside a bright halo.
Similar Threads
-
Roku Video - ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
By mattyell in forum Video Streaming DownloadingReplies: 1Last Post: 2nd Jul 2025, 02:27 -
How to Blur an Object
By Subtitles in forum EditingReplies: 0Last Post: 21st Jun 2024, 06:25 -
int object is not iterable
By Zabon in forum Video Streaming DownloadingReplies: 6Last Post: 11th Jun 2023, 17:12 -
Blur the background behind a moving object
By deboopi in forum User guidesReplies: 1Last Post: 2nd May 2023, 10:49 -
A Video Object Notation
By Cuddly Squid in forum EditingReplies: 1Last Post: 1st Sep 2022, 20:21


Quote