VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I burned some video files onto my computer, and everything works fine...its just that the subtitles are really small and are at the very bottom of the screen, sometimes cutting of half of the words. I used TMPGENC Xpress to convert using 1:1 ratio, because that has worked for me in the past when dealing with subtitles. But is there a more extreme ratio I can use that will somehow push the subtitles up? Or is there anything else I can do?
    All help is appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Dain
    [img]vba02cbbfe6.gif[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    are you using vobsub/vsfilter? then change the font size in the configuration.
    or is it permanent subtitles in the video that you are converting to dvd?

moving you to our new subtitle forum.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thank you baldrick, sorry I didnt see/know about the subtitle forum.

I havent used vobsub or anything like that, its an extra process Ive been able to skip before, I just convert the avi file with subs to mpeg then burn. Is the only way to change subs to use vobsub?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    is it permanent subtitles???? then you can't change the size.

is it subs that you can switch off? then you must have something that adds them on the video like vobsub when you convert with tmpgenc xpress.
    Quote Quote  
  5. no theyre not permanent subs, ok so ill look for some guides on vobsub and figure out how to resize em and everything. Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    if you play the avi with the subs do you see a green arrow in the notification area?
    Quote Quote  
  7. hmm, actually with this I dont see the green arrow come up as it does with other anime files....maybe it is permanent?
    Quote Quote