VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to get this file converted and not be jerky

I extracted the audio to .wav with besweet and then loaded the video and new .wav into vdub. I put the output settings to 29.97 with no inverse telecine (progressive). However, when I watch my new .avi, its jerky. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I tried the guides, but many are too technical for me to understand.... Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you play the original AVI? If the original AVI was also jerky, then you're stuck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. 23fps is allready ntsc imo, but what happens if u just "act foolish" and convert with tmp to ntsc-dvd (=29.xx) ?

I had the problem otherway around, read all tuto's, succeeded in the end, but when i tried converting directly without separate audio (curious) too another framerate (ntsc>pal) it just worked !! No blurry, no damaged audio or audio at all ...

I followed the long way worked 4 days on that project, but in the end i didnt had too do that at all .... (i opened an separate thread .mcf to get an expalantion of that)

M
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jyn999
    Did you play the original AVI? If the original AVI was also jerky, then you're stuck.

yea, I just did....and it is Jerky! That sux, is there any way to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. 23.97 fps is already valid for NTSC. Why do you want it at 29.97fps?

There are only 2 reasons I can think of at the moment

1) Convert to DV in order to export to DV tape.

2) Convert to Mpeg2 for SVCD or DVD.

If your reason is number 2, no conversion is necessary, you just need to encode to mpeg-2 at 23.97fps and apply 3:2 pulldown. Most if not all encoders will do this for you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Intuit
    Originally Posted by jyn999
    Did you play the original AVI? If the original AVI was also jerky, then you're stuck.

yea, I just did....and it is Jerky! That sux, is there any way to fix it?
    I'm guessing that the original AVI was created with a compression rate that was too aggressive or captured with dropped frames. There are not enough incremental frames to smoothly render changes from a base frame.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by bugster
    23.97 fps is already valid for NTSC. Why do you want it at 29.97fps?

There are only 2 reasons I can think of at the moment

1) Convert to DV in order to export to DV tape.

2) Convert to Mpeg2 for SVCD or DVD.

If your reason is number 2, no conversion is necessary, you just need to encode to mpeg-2 at 23.97fps and apply 3:2 pulldown. Most if not all encoders will do this for you.
    Great I will try that. I thought 23.97 was Pal and 29.97 was NTSC...I was wrong? I am so confused now
    Quote Quote  
  8. Also, how then do I tell if my avi is PAL or NTSC?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Intuit
    Also, how then do I tell if my avi is PAL or NTSC?
    PAL is 25 fps, the other two are for NTSC
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thats good news, thank you!
    Quote Quote