VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

I am looking to buy a laser disk player. I'd like to keep it under $250. I would like the player to support ac3 and DD5.1. Mainly, I will be using the laser disk to capture the movie with a Panasonic DMR-HS2 recorder and backup to DVD. Does CAV and CLV, really matter? I know they are different ways the disk plays. Do all laser disk players play both? This is what I would prefer.

Essentially, I know very little about laser disk players, any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Tearren
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    get a PIONEER LD-V8000. Industrial Laserdisc Player

they last like you wouldn't believe - can still be fixed, have a hour meter, so dont get one with more than 60,000 hours on it .. doesn't mater when it was built (though some early ones may have dried caps) ...

great picture - easy to use .. and you can buy them on ebay for under 250$ ...

built like a tank.

we prob. have about 30 of them in our warehouse. (not for sale)
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Pioneer CLD-D704. Considered the best of the non-Elite models. Has the factory AC-3 RF output, too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pioneer has some of the better ones overall, for a lower cost. I think you'll be happy with whichever one you get. Just make sure it has all the abilities you want to be able to use.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Pioneer 925, 2950, 909 or 919
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote