VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey,

Whats the best way to convert svcd to dvd?

I want it to be able to play in any dvd player, PAL or NTSC dvd players.

Ive been looking at winavi, but ive to choose the target format to be PAL or NTSC, but that meens it wouldnt work on both right?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is the original file a avi or mpg ???
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    you must make two dvds then, one pal and one ntsc. but most dvd players can play both formats...it is usually the tv that doesn't support both formats.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mpeg file.

Well, I only want to make one dvd. So will I make it pal?

It was just...I wanted people in the uk and in usa to be able to play the dvd.

What program should I use?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect it is more likely that that UK players will play NTSC (as well as PAL) than US players being able to play PAL (as well as NTSC).... But I agree with Baldrick - make two just to be on the safe side.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Okay thanks.

Im trying to use Winavi to convert, but I dont know the source frame rate, and target scale I should have? Or will auto be fine for everything?

I also want to put 2 svcd files together, what do I use for that?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Here's a link to the guide that i use for types of projects. You can probably skip the first part of the guide. Sinch you already have pure mpegs. I also use Tmpgenc to combine my mpg's instead of woomble only because the mpeg tools option in Tmpgenc Plus is just simple, fast & easy. To each his own though. Another tip i use the simple de-multiplez tool in mpeg tools. Then i have to streams audio & video. I convert the audio from 44000khz to 48000khz with ffmpegui tool. Then i import both streams into dvdlab for compling. I use that methos because it shortens the import time in dvdlab by a lot . Dvdlab will break them up anyway or atleast ask you if wish that be done. Which i suggest you do but it takes soooooo long for dvdlab to de-multiplex. After compling just burn with your favorite tool nero etc. Here's the guide link : http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/svcd_to_dvdr_from_cds.cfm
    Quote Quote