VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I read and followed the latest guide in the site to ripping a dvd using SmartRipper. After completing the ripping process succesfully, I used Nero to burn the files into a dvd+rw, the resulting dvd plays perfectly fine in my hp dvd-writer (dvd100i)...but it will not be read in my stand alone dvd player! (sony DVP-S360).
    Perhaps I am using Nero incorrectly. I tried using the DVD-ROM [ISO] function, and then I tried the DVD-ROM [UDF/ISO], both produced dvd's that won't be read in my stand alone. Notice that I had previously tried burning the dvd directly with nero without using SmartRipper. I had tried the DVD Copy function, but the resulting DVD was corrupted (yet it could be played on the stand alone).
    I'll strongly appreciate any inputs you might have, thanks for reading my long post.
    AnimeManiac
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ive had a similar problem. I used smartripper and nero and burned with udf/iso and it plays fine on my computer and not my standalone. Even though the compatibility list has users who posted that my JVC-SV65GD will play dvd-r. I was using the pioneer a03 dvd-r not the HP but same results.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nero does not work on some standalones!
    Use RecordNow 3.0 or 3.5
    And latest version of Prassi works too
    Quote Quote