Hi there...got past (just) the newbie stage...been Flasking for quite sone time..early version crashed with alarming regularity..but tit did VOB stream unlike the latest version where it uses single stream mpg2 or vob...please Mr Flask author..will the new version do multi stream and be a bit quicker to...anyway i got cheesed off with filling up my precious drive space with smart ripped vobs and decided upon DVDx 1_6 of which i tend to use quite alot- despite the fact that the bicubic/bilinear is a bit over the top (that out of focus look) but it does save on the drive space problem...oh, and those bloody error messages after the encoding "vbv buffer underflows 6 try padding blah blah etc...actually good quiestion here has ANYONE founfd a decent MPEG encoder in the sense that the image does look 'flaky' out focus..crinkly...er messed up in any way? oh yeah, and how about that 'grey fog' that you get with MS MPEG4 v1/2 why does that happen? oh yes now i know what happened to the M2 MPEG4 v3 microsoft wouldnt let you use it for avi? cos they got it for there WMV encoder thats why.. anyway....btw my formula is for avi is 400x224 with 22050khz mp3 wav audio track...and that seems to cover pretty much a whole lot of movies..so what aspect and output size are other people using out there? any other 'tried and tested'? formulas...what do other people prefer AVI or Mpg?