VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. anyone recommend a guide to use for putting loads of episodes of the simpsons onto a dvd.???
    ain't no black

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, one thing i can think of is buy the DVDs =P.

actually, what i would do is convert them all to DVD format, load them into TMPGEnc DVD Author, join them into one title, make each episode separate chapters, then make the menu. 8)

3. How did you capture the episodes.. DVD compliant MPEG's? If so drop them into an authorizing program (DVD Movie Factory is a personal favorite) and burn.

4. got them off suprnova as single avi's

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. DOwnloading tvseries from warez servers isn't okey.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    ain't no black

5. Idiot's Guide, huh? Go to All Guides and search "DIKO" (Baldrick's guide). DIKO is fairly new, I've only played with it a little. But it can handle multiple AVIs and adjusts bitrate for you automatically, there's also menu capability, although I haven't tried that yet. You can use QuEnc (freeware encoder) or Cinema Craft Encoder, which is faster. Oh, and you can set chapters too.

Basically, you add in the AVIs you want, click OK, build the menu or choose to skip it, and away you go. Easy enough? BTW, run it overnight with antivirus scan, etc., turned off, as DIKO doesn't play well with others. In my experience. :P

P.S. If you have trouble, click "Direct Show" after adding files.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!

6. Originally Posted by joeyjoejnr
    got them off suprnova as single avi's
    Probably shouldn't have mentioned this part. Usually infers that these are warez, etc.
    Blah, blah, blah

7. when i load one of the avis in tempenc says the file type is unsupported???
    ain't no black