I have burnt about 20 CDR's and 1 CDRW using the VCDEasy
program. My DVD player says it is compatible with VCD
see: http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdlist/419.html

However, they wont work on my PC. Does the DVD player look in a specific location for the MPEG? I have downloaded and used just about EVERY program suggested. After 4 days of trying I am frustrated.

Here are a few of the programs I use:

1. From a DIVx file, I convert to MPEG by using....
2. VCD Easy.
3. I select the VCD template. All checks seem to go OK.
4. I burn the CD, no problems.
5. My DVD wont pick up the video.

Note: I can play it on my PC (WIN DVD) but, I have to select the MPEG track to get it to work.

It seems that my PC and DVD wont pick up the file it need to locate the MPEG.

Here is my system config:

1.8Ghz P4
512 Ram
(3) 80 Gig Hard Drive
Firewire and USB Support
DVD Drive
CD R/RW Drive

Please help. I am trying to put home movies of my pregnant wife on to a disc to play on the DVD when family comes over. I am pretty computer literate, but I am stuck.

Here is the format that VCDEasy give for the final product.

CD:/ TITLE HERE
--CDDA
--CDI
===CDI_IMAGE.RTF
===CDI_TEXT.FNT
===CDI_VCD.APP
===CDI_VCG.CFG
--EXT
--MPEGAV
===MYMOVIE.DAT
--SEGMENT
--VCD
===ENTRIES.VCD
===INFO.VCD

Then, there is no more.

Do I need an XML filE?
Do I use a BIN/CUE file?

When I load an MPEG and Analyze it.. this is what I get. I am not sure how to interpret it.

MPEG2, PlayingTime=62.262s, Bitrate=2334800bps, PtsOffset=0726s, 7724 packets

Video Stream: Motion Video, 480x480, 29.97003fps (NTSC), 2048kbps
Audio Stream: Audio Standard MPEG layer2 Stereo, 44100Hz, 229376bps
mpeg user scan data: one or more BCD fields out of range for 'forward_I_offset ': [00:08.2d]
mpeg user scan data: one or more BCD fields out of range for 'next_I_offset ': [00:00.4a]
mpeg user scan data: one or more BCD fields out of range for 'previous_I_offset': [00:00.4a]
mpeg user scan data: one or more BCD fields out of range for 'next_I_offset ': [00:00.4a]
mpeg user scan data: one or more BCD fields out of range for 'previous_I_offset': [00:00.4a]
mpeg user scan data: one or more BCD fields out of range for 'backward_I_offset': [00:08.2d]
mpeg user scan data: from now on, scan information data errors will not be reported anymore

I hope someone can help me.