VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I've noticed somthing very strange while capturing DV.

I have a Sony DCR-TRV80E.
    If I want to capture de DV from the DV-tape with the Ilink/firewire-cable, I use Adobe Premiere.(because i also want to edit and cut, etc..)

But when i have captured that, and i want to watch it, I see that the image is not good at all: it's unsharp, somtimes blurry, some artifacts and when there have been made fast movements with the camera while recording, i even see horizontal stripes or somthing like that.

Now, here comes the 'strange' part.

I also have another capture card; a Leadtek WinFast capture card. With this card I can capture stereo sound , video (yellow cinch cable) and super-video. When I capture video from my sony with a s-video cable with WinFast PVR (the program of that card) and i use an mpeg-2 compression (so dvd-quality) while capturing, the image is much much better. HOWCOME?

I don't understand.

Is there a better way to capture the DV from a DV-camera?

The Sony DCR-TRV80E has a CCD of more than one million pixels, so the image should be perfect. How can i keep this resolution as much as i can when i want to capture that video?

Thanks for your help,

vcdmaker
    Quote Quote  
  2. Nothing is wrong. The DV video you're capturing is interlaced. You'll need to do some reading to understand it more. Do a forum / web search, etc. for more info.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The quality of the picture on Premiere and a TV are not necessarily related.

Do your editing in premiere, conversion and authoring and check out the DVD on a TV. Assuming you do not compress the video too much, you should be pleased with the result.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use Ulead Video Studio for capturing. it's the best software out there for capturing. and I've pretty much tried them all.
    the quality is the same, no difference.

everytime when i try t capture using Adobe, my Canon elura won't work.....that soft is really picky, and I personally think that Adobe SUCKS, they think they are the best, and their soft is a fortune.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Premiere is great choice.
    INTERLACE is what you need to read on.
    Find the guides on this site or on mine.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote