VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can someone give me some links about XVCD templates?? I want to do XVCDs with high bitrate and change resolution to completely use 700MB CDr, might get good quality right?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Assuming you're using TMPGenc. For best quaility you'll want an xVCD at 352x480 or 480x480, 2pass VBR, motion search set to high. There are some xVCD templates out there but to fill an 80min CDR each time you'll need to use a bitrate calculator (I use the vcdhelp.com one under the Tools section to the left).

As for how to make an xVCD, it's not hard. Here's a link to another tread where I wrote out most of the steps:

https://www.videohelp.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=70468&forum=11

If you have any other questions just repost and ask. Hope this helps, and have fun.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok just made a SVCD (PAL), used the bitrate to make it fit into a 80min CD so bitrate changed is this still considered SVCD or goes into the XVCD catregory ??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just because you change teh bitrate DOES NOT mean you will get better quality. When using any converter program the formula is junk in = junk out. If you have a very good quality video to begin with, then changing the bitrate will maximize the quality. XVCD is when (using Nero) you go to burn and you uncheck the box that reads "create compliant vcd"
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!