VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How do I take two .wav/mp2 files (two audio commentaries to the same video) and join them into a single dual channel audio stream using TMPGEnc or other audio tool? I want to be able to select either commentary by switching between channel 2's left/right on my sVCD, while still being able to switch back to the standard movie track on channel 1.
    Quote Quote  
  2. TMPGenc can't do this. But bbMPEG can. Take a look to the left under "Edit" for more info. You said SVCD, MPEG2 supports mulitple audio tracks. Just use bbMPEG to mux you video + audio1 + audio2 -> MPG. You can then hit the audio button on your remote to switch 'tracks'.

If you're making an (x)VCD, MPEG1 does NOT support multiple audio tracks. So you'd have to make one track on the left channel and one on the right, the select which one you want to listen to.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Unfortunately I don't think that was what he was asking. He wants to know how to mix two sound channels so that you can hear one track on the right channel, and one on the left (similar to how some people put two languages on VCDs). Main channel would be normal, second channel would have one commentary on the left balance and one on the right. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this either.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ahh, I think I get it. Just to be clear an example would be:

Right channel - just movie
    Left Channel - Movie (low vol) + dir comments (high vol)

Ok, you can do this but it's a pain. First, use Cooledit or some other program to make the left track movie, and right track dir comments. Then force stero to create a dual stero track. Then save either the left or right track by itself (your 1/2 done), then put in the just movie track on the left/right.

I was able to do this once w/ CoolEdit, TotalRecorder and Ulead Movie Studio. It took a LONG time and I had some sync problems. I wanted to create an xSVCD w/ a normal audio track and a MST3000 track.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vejita-sama on 2001-12-15 22:38:19 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  5. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-12-15 22:35:31, Vejita-sama wrote:
    Ahh, I think I get it. Just to be clear an example would be:

Right channel - just movie
    Left Channel - Movie (low vol) + dir comments (high vol)

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Kinneera seems to understand. I was thinking more along the lines:

Channel 1 - just movie channel in stereo
    Channel 2 - (dual stereo)
    L- Commentary 1, Right - Commentary 2
    Quote Quote