VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi,

i hope i'm in the right forum to ask these question.

does anyone knows how to transfer video file to mobile phone?
    is there any software or gadget available for this purpose?

what about codec and compression?

and what's 3GPP and Java video?

thanks a million in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i really dont think phones have enough memory to do any type of real video at this time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    3GP is the Mobile video "standard". Use Nokia MultiMedia Converter (avalable for free from Nokia developer site) to convert almost anything to 3GP. To transfer it to the phone, you need a data cable, IR or BlueTooth to hook the phone to your computer. Or email it to the phone if your phone has Internetemail capabilities.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. hi thanks for the reply.

what about other brands of handphone besides nokia? e.g samsung, ericssion, sony, phillips?

is there any universal way to download the video to phones?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Forget the Nokia part, it's just that they've released the only tool for conversion to 3GP I've seen, and 3GP is the cell phone standard (as far as such exists) for movies on the phone, and if a phone can play video, it's 3GP it can play.
    The universal methods of transfering stuff to a phone are those I described, but all models are different - some have IR, some don't, some have BlueTooth, some don't, some can connect via Internet to your POP mail box, some don't. Most modern phones can however be connected via cable (RS232 and/or USB) and if it can play back video, it's almost certainly possible to transfer the video file over to the phone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this program i posted here also does it with a few more options (i guess)

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=904058#904058
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote