VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you can call bmw and they will send you the films on disk, got mine after a five day wait, has all the season one films on it
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

Thanks to all you you that have offered your insight and experience in converting these files. I have been wondering how to do it for a few weeks now and just stumbled across this thread.

Anyway, I just editted and converted "Devil" and the audio came out awfully hot. I followed the instructions, or the combination of instructions above to the letter the best I can tell. It converted fine, it's just that the audio is a bit overdriven.

Any idea what I should change to lower the level? Something in dumpster trak 5 or in TMPGEnc?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    setting -> audio -> use audio edit (check box yes) -> change volume -> 75% (or so) ... -> ok
    Quote Quote  

4. you can call bmw and they will send you the films on disk, got mine after a five day wait, has all the season one films on it
    The new BMW discs do not have "the follow" on them either some kind of problem with Forest Whitaker is the reason it is no longer offered
    Quote Quote  
  5. Regarding volume levels of the converted 'skinless' movies. The 'Volume:' setting in trak 5 can be changed to any setting you want (see step 5 in my mini guide), I just used $0100 as the level because that was the setting on the first season movies. It sounded ok on my $3 speakers :)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Very nice guide, but is there a way to convert those .movs without using so much space?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    get the disk from bmwfilms.com and just run through tmpgenc
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by secretagent
    get the disk from bmwfilms.com and just run through tmpgenc
    Good suggestion . But I don't think they'll send a disc to europe.
    Quote Quote  
  9. When I convert a BMWfilm in WMV format to Super Video-CD PAL MPEG-2 480x576 using TMPEG I can't get the aspect ratio right. No matter what I arangement I choose it still won't come out wide. But the aspect raito is perfect when converting to Video-CD PAL MPEG-1 352x288.

Can anybody gave me a hand? I'm converting from WMV
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have done all of the above to convert from .MOV to XVCD, SVCD and VCD and no matter which way I do it I can never get sound after the convertion. After I place a file in Dumpster, edit it, and then play it in QTime it plays fine with audio and all...It looks so good but the fact of the matter is....It's not what i want. Can anyone provide some insight into what I may doing wrong?

P.S. I have tried the convertion twice now....downloaded the file twice to make sure I was working with completely clean and unedited files...still no luck!

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by braindead0
    My wife wanted the BMW movies on VCD, this thread was a lot of help. I shortcut the process by:

-setting the nsav = 0
    -opening in QT pro, play until the movie starts and selecting edit|export tracks, multi selected main movie and soundtrack.
    -That gave me a QT window with just the video/audio. I then selected File|Save As and clicked on the 'make self contained' option

Once that was done, TMPGenc had no problems..

Except of course, ticker, had to make the changes noted in a previous post prior to the above steps.
    Ok guys, I follow the way that he describes the whole guacamole and any time I try to save,
    it says that the movie dosen't allow to save!!!
    I already got the movie skinless, just the movie and aslo to be able to right click I had to run
    QT is safe mode otherwise it crashed all the time...
    Also did the same as on this post, went to edit then to extract track
    and selected main movie and sound track but nothing happens.........
    What is the problem here?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dickbride if bmw won't ssend you a copy then I will
    Quote Quote  
  13. This thread was just what I was looking for to strip the skins off the BMW films. It raises a new question for me though. How do I encode the file in tmpgenc so when I make a vcd it remains with the same aspect ratio and I don't loose a lot of the frame of the film.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  14. Also, sometimes mov's will have a compressed header (many on starwars.com have been this way) so you cannot alter them in Dumpster (at least no way I could figure out). I found the way around this with QT Pro is to open the sample movie that comes with QT, drag-and-drop the mov you want that has the compressed header, cut the sample portion out from the beginning, then save. If there's a sprite track, etc, delete them. All done. Convert away...
    Quote Quote  
  15. hi all
    great guides etc, i used the short one by extracting the tracks after editing the nsav value

i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get "the follow", or if anyone would be willing to transfer it to me.

theres no link on bmw's site

thanx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I too have been looking for 'The Follow'. I broke down & used a P2P and found a copy. Unfortunately, there was a 1/2-3/4 inch of corruption on the right side. Anyone know where to get an original packaged EXE?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good news and bad news. Found 'The Follow' DL page @ http://usa.bmwfilms.com/clap.asp?template=delivery&country=usa&film=follow
    . Only problem is, after the pop-up window opens, the files those link to are not there. The Streaming ones don't work either. Looks like BMW has completely nuked this film from the general public.
    Quote Quote  
  18. OK, this may seem a daft question, but i have tried opening my .mov file in both dumpster and Vegas Video but neither will open the file, dumpster just does nothing, and Vegas gives me an error saying its an unsupported filetype....anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  19. When I use the steps in Dumpster I notice that subtitles are turned on. What value turns them off?

Thanks

PRO
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having problems trying to follow DigiToast's and cbjones' guides. Apparently, after making the designated changes in Dumpster and then opening Hostage up in Quicktime, the skin is still there and the movie itself is not showing up, as well as the sound. What am I doing wrong? And yes, I'm hitting Apply after making each change.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I don't get it. I found a restricted quicktime movie that is played only on US systems (for copyright reasons), while I have a german version of the windows OS. When I start the movie in quicktime player, it refuses to play. The same happens in Media Player Classic player. Videolan plays the video all right, but not the audio. And the only software that is able to play both video and audio without restrictions is Vegas Video 4.0.

The video I am talking about is located here:

Rightclick here and select Save AS

I read something about a programme called Dumpster. But the only function that is discussed is the hacking of the SAVING functions, while this video won't even open. So my best guess is that somehow the language zone restrictions must be altered. I tried to experiment with Dumpster, changing various values to 0's, but it simply doesn't work.

If somebody knows how to unrestrict this by using Dumpster, please post.

Also, I read that it should be possible to export the protected video through Vegas Video 4, thus eliminating the protections. But I couldn't find any export functions. The only thing I found was the reencode function ("Render as").

I installed the Sorenson Video codec Pro 3 and Qdesign quicktime audio codec professional, then selected them in Vegas Video and reencoded the quicktime video.

The resulting video is unprotected, but there are some disadvantages: first, I am no video expert, so the resulting video is double as big as the original, while video quality is a little worse.

And second, on my Pentium 550 with 256 mb ram it took over 2 hours to reencode this short video, while Vegas and the codecs were eating the ENTIRE cpu, even Internet Explorer refused to work during that time.

This is unacceptable. Therefore, for me, a Dumpster solution would be much better. If only I knew what to change there to remove the language restrictions...

Also, someone suggested using QuickTime QuickEditor to remove the restrictions. But this is nonsense - I tested that programme and there was nothing helpful there.

So if someone of you knows how to use Dumpster for this kind of problem or if you know the optimal settings for the Sorenson and the Qdesign codecs, please post here.

Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dumpster rarely works anymore since it only works on uncompressed quicktimes, and by now most of them have compressed headers.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I just found this guide. I got Dumpter and the movies and I change the NSAV data to all 0's and hit Apply. I can double click on the same "unknown data" and it reverts back to it's pre-changed number. I can try exporting it but it doesn't have a menu option. I am using Quicktime 6.5, is that overriding my changes to the movie?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!