VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a bunch of Ritek G03 (silver/purple) DVD-R discs and I'm curious if the silver surface is printable using something like the Epson R300 printer. I'm assuming they aren't since they aren't advertised as printable, but does anyone know for sure?

Meritline has some Riteks advertised as *white printable surface*, but I'm confused as to whether they are a different grade than the G03's. I've had excellent luck with the G03's and need to order more. I'm anticipating buying a disc printer and I'd hate to buy another spindle and find I can't use then with an ink jet printer.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

For about the past three weeks or so, I have been using the Ritek G04 white inkjet printables with an Epson R300. I have yet to have any problems with them. Do not know if there are printable G03 disks out or not, but I would bet that your disks are not going to be printable.

The print quality on these disks is impressive with the R300. And the disk compatabilty is great as well. I have yet to make a coaster or not have one play in any of my standalone dvd players.

I got a fifty pack of them from www.supermediastore.com for $52 and free shipping. Ordered on a Friday, and was here on a Tuesday.

In fact, just looked at their website and they have inkjet printable G03's listed, but they are out of stock.

Also, if you are going to be buying an cd printer, you might want to try and wait for the Epson R200 to come out. It has the same (At least to my knowledge) print engine as the R300, but is scheduled to retail for only $99 (As opposed to the $179 that my R300 cost). It still will have the cd print capabilities as the R300 and cheaper as well.

kosekjm
    Quote Quote  
  3. kosekjm,

Thanks for the info and I'll check that link. I can only burn at 1x with my panasonic E-80 so I figured why bother with the G04's. I was hoping to stick with the Ritek G03's since their track record on this forum has been very good with my recorder and I haven't had a single problem. I'd love to find a printable version of them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

For about the past three weeks or so, I have been using the Ritek G04 white inkjet printables with an Epson R300. I have yet to have any problems with them. Do not know if there are printable G03 disks out or not, but I would bet that your disks are not going to be printable.

The print quality on these disks is impressive with the R300. And the disk compatabilty is great as well. I have yet to make a coaster or not have one play in any of my standalone dvd players.

I got a fifty pack of them from www.supermediastore.com for $52 and free shipping. Ordered on a Friday, and was here on a Tuesday.

In fact, just looked at their website and they have inkjet printable G03's listed, but they are out of stock.

Also, if you are going to be buying an cd printer, you might want to try and wait for the Epson R200 to come out. It has the same (At least to my knowledge) print engine as the R300, but is scheduled to retail for only $99 (As opposed to the $179 that my R300 cost). It still will have the cd print capabilities as the R300 and cheaper as well.

kosekjm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    See what happens when you click back on the wrong page. You end up looking like an idiot and post the same message twice.

Anyway while I'm here. I can understand sticking with the lower speed media, if your burner can't handle the higher speed.

I do so like my printed dvd/cd's though.

kosekjm
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey there shutterbug,

Don't know if you found any G03 yet or not, but found some on ebay. Ebay item number 2795553224 The seller's name is vinpower. Has a 100 pack of G03 inkjet printables going for a buy it now price of 93.00

Again, not sure if you found any or not yet, but thought I'd pass it along.

kosekjm
    Quote Quote  
  7. kosekjm--I appreciate the info. I just got an order of 100 G-03's last week (non-printable) . I bookmarked that e-bay vendor for future reference. Seems the white printable G-03s are hard to find. I called the company for that other link you left and someone there said that G-03s are being discontinued, so they weren't getting anymore. Might be a heads-up for anyone that really likes the Riteks.

--Craig, read your post. lol. I guess that answers my question!

Thanks again for the info.
    Quote Quote