VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I love my music, and one of the most important ingredients to enjoying it is the quality of it.
    I’ve read lots of posts, and made a few of my own (problems with CDR’s & playing them in my vehicle). A lot of you really know your stuff. Yet the stuff you know in lots of cases is different. I think if we all put down our personal experiences, we can all come up with a solution that will lead to less frustration and a more enjoyable listening experience. What I want to know (and I’m sure would be useful to others) is:
    1. What CDR’s have you had the most success with?
    2. What speed did you burn them?
    3. What software did you use (that gave you the best results)?
    4. Is there any software that can enhance the music (allow you to edit it), like adjusting the Bass & Treble before you burn it?
    5. What size were the CDR’s?
    6. Where did you find them?
    7. What was the best price and most reliable source?
    I suppose you’re wondering why I didn’t ask what burner you used. I figured that info is up to you to give if you want to share it (cause there are so many manufacturers and some of the distributors put there own name on different manufactured drives).

You Guys, & Gals are the best
    Thanks & God Bless
    Uncle Bob
    Uncle Bob
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. Princo type 8 (even plays in picky Sony DVD players), eg Paradox
    2. Always max unless I use my Yamaha's Audio Master write strategy, then it's 4x
    3. I only ever use Nero
    4. Ouch ! I always leave it as the producer intended...
    5. 80 Min
    6. I looked under a rock and there they were
    7. CDR-Media.co.uk or occasionally from blankdiscshop.co.uk
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One thing I would suggest to you, is that if you are burning Audio CDs....don't ever record them at more than 12x. Anything higher than that CAN (not always does) produce small errors in your burns that will result in playback skips. I know this because I backed up several discs at 24x, to later find out that a percentage of them had problems. Why not just wait the extra few minutes and be on the safe side?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Taiyo Yuden make the best CD-R discs (these are CD-R for computer use not Audio or Music CD-R)

FUJI branded CD-R discs are Taiyo Yuden but only if the package says MADE IN JAPAN

You can also buy Taiyo Yuden CD-R discs from on-line sites such as RIMA.COM

As for software NERO works fine for making a complete copy of a CD but if you want to mix tracks then you might want something else.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote