VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, first of all I think this is the right forum (because it technically doesn't deal with capture cards or their software). Here goes:

I'm looking at buying a capture card (one of those cheap no-name ones). A lot of them come with remote controls and my question is this: is there software that'll allow me to use the remote with other popular applications (powerdvd, windows media player, etc...) or will the remotes only work with the software that came with the card? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe the ATI AIW remotes can be programmed for other apps, but nt sure, been a while since I used one. Most people I know that have them leave them in a drawer, never use them.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use ATI's remote control from some applications. It acts as a mouse with certain keystrokes programmed on all the buttons, as well with basic Windows functions (and some buttons you can program yourself). Although it requires a particular plugin for other applications to work. The only ones that work on mine are for Winamp 2.x, Powerpoint, and MMC (ATI software). I can use it with other apps that don't have the plug-in, just use the basic buttons to control it.

You can program up to 6 buttons for any keystroke or to access a file (or open a program). I use several to access a Winamp playlist (just a file), and it loads up my music. The other buttons then can be used to skip songs, rewind, fastfoward, control volume and such.

Now that I think about it, I don't think you have to get a capture card in order to get a remote. The remote is seperate and communicates through a small USB wireless device. This thing can be used on the other side of the house! It's not like a conventional remote at all.
    Quote Quote