VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    d4n13l, I haven't seen you online for the past two days, man!

I got started on optimization without you. I did about 30 files already and reduced them by atleast 50% in size. Some were reduced evnen further. I also reduced some screenshots of windows to like 75% and rewrote the numbers and arrows with PSP's arrowhead line tool and text tool. What's with people and writing first grade numbers with a paintbrush tool? And making screwey arrows like that, too!Hehe... anyway, most of the files are 4 colors, so they look a bit on the grayscale side, but that's the price you pay for low filesizes. Everything is still legible and has the same usefulness as the old color screenshots, just now they take up less room, download faster, and don't look as appealing. But hey... what can you do?

Well now you know, people. From now on when you make a guide, please don't use JPEGs and send the images to d4n13l or me (I am on cable) for processing. If you use screenshots of TMPGEnc or something else, make sure there is no image from the movie/clip in the window, but a solid color instead. Don't use gradient titlebars, as Daniel has said before, and don't use any dithering if you save to GIF. In fact, it would be best to just send us the uncompressed bitmaps so we get the highest quality file to work with.
    irc.webmaster.com port 6667 #DDR
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TIbrO,
    ever like read your email dude? I sent you an Email telling you that I was going away for two days! LOL. I suppose that it is possible that you didnt recieve it though...
    You shouldnt have started yet though hehe, you may have to redo a few images that you have already done! I have loads of tips for you... like for instance that you can increase the pallete size a bit so it doesnt look like black and white, hehe. I am trying to get hold of you 24/7 now TIbrO, if you see this message then STOP until you get me on ICQ man! And as for changing the screwy paintbrush arrows... I decided to keep them as they are really obvious markers to people, but I have not done too many of them yet so I think it would be best to ask Baldrick what to do about them. Anyway... I am going to stay online until your ICQ becomes available and not the usual N/A, hehe.

Baldrick,
    Thank you SO much, I love the new gold club status, hehe.
    Did I give you the idea in that Email I sent you?

Septor,
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Its a real pity that the VCD site is offline, it was one of the most usful sites on the net. I have looked at various idea's on the forum about charging for a mermbership or sponsors, honestly I don't think either will work. Has anyone thought about selling items on the site? You could turn part of the site in to an e-commerce site, selling DVD's, VCD's, Capture Cards, Software, etc. I would think that most of the users who come to the site are looking to purchase hardware. Users could also comment on the products for sale, something like the site at http://www.aria.co.uk. Just a thought!

Richard
    Quote Quote  
  4. Baldrick,
    Please get in touch with me, i can offer you affordable hosting.

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Daniel, I have about 70 images to go before I am done with all JPGs. After I am done optimizing all of these thingies, do I send you the zip and then you send it to Baldrick, or what?
    irc.webmaster.com port 6667 #DDR
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You may as well just send them all to Baldrick direct, it would save time. Just Zip them and Email Baldrick and ask him how he would like to have them sent.
    I have about another 7 to do now, but I need to ask someone to identify what program a few captures came from.
    I also did all of Sefys new guide images as PNGs. Sefy did a load of recaptures for me to optimise - he saved them as true colour BMPs, zipped them up and sent them to me.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!