VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I rip movies using Dvd shrink ( the newest version ). I burn with nero recode 6.0. Anyway Everytime I get done with the ripping and the burning I delete the vob files and everything else that was ripped into the video ts folder i created. But for some reason when i click on my computer icon too see how much gb i have left on my hard drive, everytime a rip a movie and delete the files the gigabytes never seem to go back up. My gigabytes i have just seem to keep going down everytime i rip a dvd. Are Any files Put anywhere else when they are ripped? Any Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try emptying your recycle bin. Nyah Levi
    Quote Quote  
  3. already emptyed it
    Quote Quote  
  4. Run scandisk, or run a search on your drive for vob files or any large files for that matter

somethings gotta come up
    Quote Quote  
  5. are you using norton system works??? i do and aswell as emptying the bin u must right click the bin and select empty norton protected files and purge all, its a failsafe feature that stops u deleting imprtant stuff untill u know u dont need it, but if u forget to purge it filles can soon add up b4 it auto deletes them in 7days or however long its set to keep them
    hope that helped, let me know
    Quote Quote  
  6. Check your windows temp dir. If you are on NTx check C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temp (of course defualt user would be the user you are logged in as)

Have you specified a special temp dir for Nero?

If your software is illegal and you have a high speed connection, maybe someone is using your system as a file dump? heh.

Other than that, just look around, maybe you'll turn up something there.
    Never hurts to run Scandisk.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by 79cheyenne
    I rip movies using Dvd shrink ( the newest version ). I burn with nero recode 6.0. Anyway Everytime I get done with the ripping and the burning I delete the vob files and everything else that was ripped into the video ts folder i created. But for some reason when i click on my computer icon too see how much gb i have left on my hard drive, everytime a rip a movie and delete the files the gigabytes never seem to go back up. My gigabytes i have just seem to keep going down everytime i rip a dvd. Are Any files Put anywhere else when they are ripped? Any Ideas?
    Same happened here.
    No hidden files, no recycle bin.

I did a sytem restore and installed Nero hotfix.
    Problem disappeared.

They say its for dual-processor support but this is the third problem
    that the hotfix solves.
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=744343
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nortona System works will do this. Sometimes theres a bug deleteing files over 4 GB (only applies to dealing with DVD ISO's). Do you basic disk maintenence and it will recover your lost space.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  9. thanks for the help everyone...Emptied the temp folder and gained 20 gigs back
    Quote Quote