VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've just converted a Divx film to VCD MPEG but the sound loses sync towards the end - rather than re-encode with no guarantee that it will work I de-multiplexed the video and sound and then used Virtual Dub to save a new wav file but how do I multiplex them both together again?

I tried with TMPGenc Plus but the output file is MPEG @ 700MB but no video?? just the sound?

Oh yeah to Multiplex them I used Nero to convert the wav to MP3 as TMPGEnc would only was looking for mp2, mp3 etc.

PLEASE HELP
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need an MP2 (mpeg1 layer2) audio file as that is VCD spec. TMPGEnc can do that, not sure about other audio-only programs. Input your wav then select ES (audio only) in TMPGEnc. Then use the mpeg tools in TMPGEnc to multiplex the audio and video together.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  3. Where about do I do this cos if I select the audio it looks like it will encode @ 48000 is this OK? I though this was for DVD ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Shamone MO FO
    Where about do I do this cos if I select the audio it looks like it will encode @ 48000 is this OK? I though this was for DVD ?
    48 will prob still work. try it with a cdrw.

nice avatar btw

Buddha says that, while he may show you the way, only you can truly save yourself, proving once and for all that he's a lazy, fat bastard.
    Quote Quote