VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I already have a DVD player installed on computer,so if I were to buy a DVD writer then I should be able to put a DVD movie into regular dvd player and then click on DVD writer icon and simply Drag/or get movie from regular DVD player to the dvd burner then Simply click & burn?????Is this right????Or would i have to have some of these programs that I see people talking about on this forum??Ok When i buy the DVD writer shouldn't it come with burning/shrinking program..if one is needed?All im going to use the burner for is to make exact copys of my dvds....with the exception of some longer movies.which I know that I'll have to use a program to do the larger movies.....A 1 hour and 45 minute movies is how many meg's????on average????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hey dude, ever heard something called CSS (content scrambling system)? Please read the following link before you decide on a DVD burner:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdripping#30
    Quote Quote  
  3. quickfire,

This entire site is dedicated to creating digital video transfers from a variety of sources, DVDs included. There must be a dozen guides on exactly how to do this, depending on the source material and the method by which you choose to master your final work.

There are plenty of people on this forum that will jump right in and help in any way they can, but please do some homework first.

.indolikaa.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    quickfire: Would it were so easy. Study, Read, Finally, ask.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I know that there are all kinds of programs that I could use to burn DVD's...What I was asking was would I need any programs if I were trying to burn a dvd from my dvd player on my pc to the dvd burner that wasn't over 4.7gigs...In other words can i burn them like CD's on the program easy cd creator? were all you have to do is put disk in and click burn witout any programming involved!
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you are talking about copying pressed DVDs (store bought mass produced discs) then no. As Synergy tried to explain, you cannot just drag and drop because a copy protection called CSS prevents you from copying the contents of the disc.

If you are talking about copying non-copy protected single layer DVDs, then, yes, you can just drag and drop.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you took anyone's advice and tried to read at least one guide? Because you are still asking a very basic question that can easily be answered if you were to read the related guides to the left. I have read many of them before, Trust me, nothing bad will happen to you if you read any of them. It is perfectly safe.

SLICK RICK
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Nobody likes a bunch of yackity-yack.
    Quote Quote