VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have 50mbps of internet but my downloads on N_m3u8DL-RE are always capped at 6mbps. Nothing else is using any type of bandwidth when I use N_m3u8DL-RE but it still downloads at that speed. I tried using this “-R, --max-speed <SPEED>” to see if it would help but it never did. I don’t know if it’s something specific with my Terminal, because yt-dlp downloads slow too.

Is there a way to make N_m3u8DL-RE use more speed (Mbps)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    --max-speed sets the maximum speed limit. It doesn't magically increase the speed. It limits it.

You could play around with --thread-count to increase the number of threads from the default 8. Also you can use -mt to download multiple tracks simultaneously. But the speed is still going to be slow.
    --[----->+<]>.++++++++++++.---.--------.
    [*drm mass downloader: widefrog*]~~~[*how to make your own mass downloader: guide*]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KingKongGotNoBalls View Post
    I have 50mbps of internet but my downloads on N_m3u8DL-RE are always capped at 6mbps. Nothing else is using any type of bandwidth when I use N_m3u8DL-RE but it still downloads at that speed. I tried using this “-R, --max-speed <SPEED>” to see if it would help but it never did. I don’t know if it’s something specific with my Terminal, because yt-dlp downloads slow too.

Is there a way to make N_m3u8DL-RE use more speed (Mbps)?
    try using --thread-count <number>
    see this thread - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/410809-Speed-up-download-MPD-link
    Quote Quote