VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Post removed!
    Last edited by The_Mole_UK; 6th Oct 2024 at 15:02.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by The_Mole_UK View Post
    What would be good is if there was a fourth option...
    No idea what you mean. But you should know I don't generally do requests; if someone offers an idea that I think will improve things for all then I'll happily play. But I encourage everyone to make an effort and code a little. And Ana Bell at MIT helps ab-initio Python students step through the hoops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAcTmDO6NTI&list=PLUl4u3cNGP62A-ynp6v6-LGBCzeH3VAQB
    Noob Starter Pack. Just download every Widevine mpd! Not kidding!.
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/301890/hellyes6.zip
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    No idea what you mean. But you should know I don't generally do requests; if someone offers an idea that I think will improve things for all then I'll happily play. But I encourage everyone to make an effort and code a little. And Ana Bell at MIT helps ab-initio Python students step through the hoops https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAcTmDO6NTI&list=PLUl4u3cNGP62A-ynp6v6-LGBCzeH3VAQB
    Could you give me a template with a fourth button please?
    ChatGPT keeps bodging up...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    No. Work at it. If you can shell script you can work your way through this.
    [edit] you've sort of got an answer already. There is AllHell3Gui and I recently posted allhell3gui_extract_subs. Do a diff and learn.[/edit]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Post removed.
    Last edited by The_Mole_UK; 6th Oct 2024 at 14:34.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    [edit] you've sort of got an answer already. There is AllHell3Gui and I recently posted allhell3gui_extract_subs. Do a diff and learn.[/edit]
    Gah! - I stopped trying to cheat!!!
    • ChatGPT can find errors sometimes I miss, but it cannot write the whole thing... I looked a bit closer.

The story so far... Going out now... Think this is an almost template.
    (I know zip all Python).
    Sorry I've got so little invested in YOUR problem; I do not have time or motivation to plough through code you've written. In fact, I really cannot understand what more you want. You initially begged for a separate subtitle switch - I gave you a script with an extra button to pull subs from the downloaded video. (Which you appeared to have ignored.) What more do you want?

Well it seems either you are into anime or you are an Apple TV user (can't imagine which), you appear to want ass format subs. OK, either shell script or modify the subs-extractor to produce an ass after you have the srt - ffmpeg -i subtitles.srt subtitles.ass is the generalization.

But do this on your own and if in need of help please post your meanderings to somewhere else, as this very off-topic here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry I've got so little invested in YOUR problem; I do not have time or motivation to plough through code you've written. In fact, I really cannot understand what more you want. You initially begged for a separate subtitle switch - I gave you a script with an extra button to pull subs from the downloaded video. (Which you appeared to have ignored.) What more do you want?
    I apologise Andrea. I misunderstood you, I thought you wanted me to make modifications myself and so, guess was looking for praise that I’d worked it out.

As for begging for a switch…

Is it possible to add a switch to HellYes6 which allows for the subtitles not to be always integrated (on that occurrence) and instead retained in the output folder, please?
    Thanks in advance.
    Then, without begging...

I've sent you a PM with solution. Yes I got hooked in! It has an extra button - coloured to indicate availability.
    I already had v1.1 of my own scripts, and I now have v1.2 of these to do what I want. This uses some suppression switches you suggested previously. What I 'er begged' for, was a way to switch off integration and you volunteered to me a version which ripped from the video, which I could already do, but I liked it was all in the same place and thought it was nice you did it. But, isn't quite what I sought.

So...

You pipped my interest and as I had a reason, thought would try and work it out. All I had time for atm was to solve the menu, then I had to go out until now.

Well it seems either you are into anime or you are an Apple TV user (can't imagine which), so you appear to want ass format subs.
    Neither. I have an iPhone 8. I like to make my own music and video from CDs and DVDs. I am not a fan of streaming - can get pulled. iMazing on the PC and EverMusic Pro on the iPhone iOS are super. Worth buying!!! Goodreader on iOS is very useful also. Music synchronisation does my head in. So the first two are a lifesaver for me.

OK, either shell script or modify the subs-extractor to produce an ass after you have the srt - ffmpeg (https://www.videohelp.com/software/ffmpeg) -i subtitles.srt subtitles.ass is the generalization.
    I think ffmpeg works better for my needs, but the principle is the same. It’s also 0 not 2 as far as I can tell. 2 fails for me anyway.

The reason I like .ass over .str, is because the subtitles are not as big when integrated and easier imo to customise. And before I realised that it is possible to tweak .str, I learnt .ass and to be honest that format does what I want.

I change the subtitles Style and integrate them. Some of the downloaded .vtt subtitles seem to be set for websites, so I tweak them the same. So nothing against your code, I’m just using .ass instead. And duplicated that code in order to get the menu working. This is what I change:

[Script Info]
    ; I like to change to this...
    ScriptType: v4.00+
    PlayResX: 384
    PlayResY: 288
    ScaledBorderAndShadow: yes
    YCbCr Matrix: None

[V4+ Styles]
    Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, OutlineColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, Underline, StrikeOut, ScaleX, ScaleY, Spacing, Angle, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Encoding
    Style: Default,Arial,16,&H00FFFFFF&,&H00FFFFFF&,&H0000000 0&,&H00000000&,-1,0,0,0,100,100,0,0,1,1,0,2,10,10,20,1
    But do this on your own and if need help please post your meanderings to somewhere else as this very off-topic here.
    That is fine. Thanks for the initial script. I thought you may have wanted to see. I was trying not to ask you. It's a useful set of scripts and I was suggesting ideas to make it better. As I have done elsewhere, some taken on board. But, equally happy to disappear and suggest zip.

Thank you for these sites... My Quantum Leap (Classic) DVDs have no subtitles apart from Series 1. Be great if can find these done.
    Subscene.
    Moviesubtitles.org.
    OpenSubtitles.
    TVsubs.
    Subtitle Seeker.
    Downsub.
    Movie Subtitles.
    English Subtitles for DivX Movies.
    Going to bed. Was 4am last night and better things to do also.
    Last edited by The_Mole_UK; 6th Oct 2024 at 15:36.
    Quote Quote