VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Not "downloading" issue per se but it seems kanopy doesn't let you chose the video resolution at all, I've never encountered
    any other site with that kind of limitation and just wondering if there's any known solution.

Although I have a good net connection, I don't like to run at max resolution all the time given it tends to make my
    laptop a bit slower and also overheat causing the fan to rumble, especially if we are talking about 4k videos.

Also I realize there's other threads that talk about actually download kanopy content but that's *not* what I am asking about,
    I am ok continuing to stream in my browser except for this issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your point is to stream at a lower res to keep performance under control, you can retrieve keys and manifest, download 1080p or 720p resolution if you prefer and stream it using a light player like VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aqzs View Post
    If your point is to stream at a lower res to keep performance under control, you can retrieve keys and manifest, download 1080p or 720p resolution if you prefer and stream it using a light player like VLC.
    well there's something else you told me via PM, which I'd like you to elaborate on.

*edit* that user asked me via pm for my user credentials in order to "help me"...

In any case still looking for legit help.
    Last edited by rodling; 19th Sep 2024 at 14:36.
    Quote Quote