VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Some days ago I created a thread, subsequently move here, about my 'problems' with Photoshop CS2. And with the kind, prompt, assistance I solved that issue.

Now for some reasons I needed to back to source. And the original webpage source allowed me to right-click on the page and download as .png the images that I would use but without any navigation overlays. In fact a 'clean' image. Now I do not know what happened. Yet somehow I saw a Win7 ap that presented itself as a series of animated images of various Win 7 utilities. Now, after the fact, I guess I should have screen-grabbed something but I simply closed that. After that, I can no longer download any screen image as .png and the right-click just presents a more 'typical' selection.

Now I hardly think that the original source changed their page given the time-of-day that these changes took place. Yet when i re-invoke the source I still get the latter experience.

Now if someone thinks he/she can see the source as I originally saw it I will gladly share it via PM but my gut feeling is that Win7 reconfigured itself and reloads/reboots as that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Some days ago I created a thread, subsequently move here, about my 'problems' with Photoshop CS2. And with the kind, prompt, assistance I solved that issue.

Now for some reasons I needed to back to source. And the original webpage source allowed me to right-click on the page and download as .png the images that I would use but without any navigation overlays. In fact a 'clean' image. Now I do not know what happened. Yet somehow I saw a Win7 ap that presented itself as a series of animated images of various Win 7 utilities. Now, after the fact, I guess I should have screen-grabbed something but I simply closed that. After that, I can no longer download any screen image as .png and the right-click just presents a more 'typical' selection.

Now I hardly think that the original source changed their page given the time-of-day that these changes took place. Yet when i re-invoke the source I still get the latter experience.

Now if someone thinks he/she can see the source as I originally saw it I will gladly share it via PM but my gut feeling is that Win7 reconfigured itself and reloads/reboots as that.
    try this - Right click on .png file of the picture and select Open With and click Change Default program.

b. Now select the Windows Photo Viewer in the list.

c. Now put a check mar for “Always use a selected program to open this kind of file”.

more info - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-view-png-fi...0-a5201ebb10d8
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thnx. But the only options I currently have are in this partial screen grab.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_sample.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	81930  

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thnx. But the only options I currently have are in this partial screen grab.
    the only way that i can get that function to work is to install this extension - https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/save-image-as-png/nkokmeaibnajheohncaamjggkanfbphi?hl=en in chrome or edge (installed in edge and does work) and yes edge is available for windows 7
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's good to know. Even if it worked in Chrome before and without the extension.

And I can also get it to work in Firefox.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I installed that extension but it does not work for this particular site. I must thus assume that the site was reconfigured so does no longer perform with the older version(s) of Chrome with Win7 (and, no, I have no desire to upgrade my OS)

Now here's a bummer. I run my own website which has many images I use by permission (I have no intention to use any of the images I create from this source but merely to glean updated info not available from earlier sources). I went to the trouble to disable right-click/save on all these images (unless I took them myself) but this extension, and I guess others, defeats this process.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed that extension but it does not work for this particular site. I must thus assume that the site was reconfigured so does no longer perform with the older version(s) of Chrome with Win7 (and, no, I have no desire to upgrade my OS)

Now here's a bummer. I run my own website which has many images I use by permission (I have no intention to use any of the images I create from this source but merely to glean updated info not available from earlier sources). I went to the trouble to disable right-click/save on all these images (unless I took them myself) but this extension, and I guess others, defeats this process.
    found another way !! use the built in snipping tool in windows 7.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Image is being set as background using CSS, there is an overlay element using CSS or both. Choose inspect and you'll find it in the HTML or CSS.

I went to the trouble to disable right-click/save
    Whether you are using JS or the methods I described above if someone is determined they will get the files. The background and overlay methods may be a little bit more difficult because most people would not know what to search for.
    Last edited by thecoalman; 2nd Sep 2024 at 22:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

found another way !! use the built in snipping tool in windows 7.

Yes. That works and I do have a program called IPS which does something similar in full-screen mode plus automatic saving to a designated folder.
    Quote Quote