VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    ive been using a POS laptop top edge speaker which seemed to sound ok. I guess you just get along to things. anyways. I took my old klipsch pc speakers and connected it to some small pocket amp and the sound sounds much less tin-y but tons of midrange and it now needs more treble.

any add on for the mpc-HC64?

I really like this player. it does all I need. I used to use gomplayer but for years now im quite happy with mpc

merry christmas friends.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    You can use ffdshow's audio processor.
    External Filters window (in the Options applet), choose it, set the merit value to "Prefer".
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    ok, thanks for that. very helpful
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    External Filters window (in the Options applet), choose it, set the merit value to "Prefer".
    Yes.. I did that .. when I click on it there in the options' extrenal filter window, and change equalizer settings, it does display a DIMMED APPLY button. so I click OK and then Save setting.. closing MPC and restarting doesnt change anything in output.. tried an mp4 and an mp3 in it too.. Where am I wrong? Using madVR option so that I can change display color brightness etc.. latest 64 bit MPC it is and windows 10. Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try changing your audio device's settings. Right click on the Speaker icon in the System Tray and select Sounds. Then:

[Attachment 81916 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx dear but the thread is about Media Player Classic's external filters
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Love View Post
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Yes.. I did that .. when I click on it there in the options' extrenal filter window, and change equalizer settings, it does display a DIMMED APPLY button. so I click OK and then Save setting.. closing MPC and restarting doesnt change anything in output.. tried an mp4 and an mp3 in it too.. Where am I wrong? Using madVR option so that I can change display color brightness etc.. latest 64 bit MPC it is and windows 10. Thanx
    IF you tick the checkbox "Equalizer", then the "Apply" button should get enabled ("un-greyed"),
    even if you don't change the default setting.
    But if this doesn't happen, then something else must be interfering with ffdshow.
    I don't use Windows 10 nor 11.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx.. Am sorry but it seems both the above replies are specific to general sound card settings. My problem is NOT in that section. I am talking about the Options in Media Player Classic. Its seting allows us to install 3rd party plugins and i have installed the plugin ffdshow which is appearing inside MPC but despite setting its equalizer the option to APPLY it is dimmed.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its MPC HC 64 bit
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ffdshow is not a plugin, it is a DirectShow filter.
    As I said, if there is something interfering with ffdshow, then I am unable to help you with that.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Did you try running MPCHC as Admin? How about the main ffdshow config applet as Admin?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I would try to use native (Microsoft equalizer) also most of silicone vendors provide in their drivers some form of signal processing - perhaps equalizer is one of them - dig a bit you audio drivers settings (vendor application, usually launched at windows start, there should be icon present directly from status bar.

Alternatively you can use Equalizer APO https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ as system equalizer.

https://www.musicianwave.com/how-to-use-the-windows-10-equalizer/
    Quote Quote