VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i have certain Videos in a Folder say on my E Drive ....
    I Create a New Folder on my E Drive and then Move the Folder Completely to the New File Location...
    Now the Videos wont Play at the new location using VLC saying some Error ... why is it so ???

ERROR: VLC cant Find the MRL file ....... check the log for details.

The Files would paly art their Original Location but now after relocation

Any one who why this is happening and how to fix this ???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Check the access rights of this new folder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Check the access rights of this new folder.
    can u explain in detail how and what to check and configure ???? as i really have no clue what to chck for
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    can u explain in detail how and what to check and configure ???? as i really have no clue what to chck for
    Rightclick the folder, properties, security. Here you can see, who has access to it and here you can change it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Rightclick the folder, properties, security. Here you can see, who has access to it and here you can change it.
    I have the Read Access in all of them ... also i can play the media files with a different Player but for VLC i get the MRL error any fixes ?? please suggest some
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks !! this really worked .. i saw in properties and fath was absurd so i renamed the folder .. and its all good ... btw thanks for the reference link too
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Does VLC not support Long file Path to paly video ?? greater than 260 ?? as i move my files to a very hierarchial structure only files and paths that are short are played nicely ....

?? any fixes or do i need to just have shorter paths for it to work ??
    Quote Quote