VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone used Wonderfox Free DVD Ripper Speedy and if so,were there any problems? Only came across it today and am curious as to it's usability.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to pay for a ripper, the ONLY ones you should ever consider buying are made by AnyDVD and DVDFab. That is it.

If you want to use something for free, the now ancient DVDDecrypter most likely will decrypt any Australian DVDs you have with the possible exception of Disney and Sony made ones. DVDFab has at times offered a free version in the past, but it's highly debatable as to whether or not they still do or if you can even install the free version and not have it time out on you in 30 days or less. Their Passkey Lite program is what you want to try if you want to go that route, but note that it deliberately runs 6 months behind the up to date commercial rippers they make.

Never heard of Wonderfox which means it's probably no good. Might be a repackaging of some other free product in a new wrapper. Might be designed to infect your PC with a virus or trojan.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I have never heard of it either.

But doing a google search, and for what it's worth, it is also listed at majorgeeks.com

http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/dvd-ripper/

Not sure if I want i even want to test it out.

EDIT:
    Although I do like this statement on that page....
    Rip DVD to AVI, MP4, MPG, WMV, iPad, iPhone, Android with 0-Quality-Loss.
    LMAO!!!!
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 21st Nov 2014 at 19:26.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I decided to DL it and check it out....
    It only seems to rip and convert to other formats, I can not find an option to just rip a DVD to an uncompressed/unconverted ISO or VIDEO_TS folder.

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank"s everyone.It was simply curiosity on my part as to whether anyone had actually used it and if so,was it any good?Like most others I'm not keen to try out an unknown.Been there,done that and had to reinstall.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have used wonderfox dvd ripper, and it worked reall good in the beginning. But now when i try to rip any dvds , it comes up with the following error any dvd, it comes up with Cannot do convert, Error:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\WonderFox Soft\WonderFox DVD Ripper\OutputVideo\DVD_VIDEO_Title1.mp4: No such file or directory. really disappointed with it, will have to look for an alternative
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!