VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all,
    Slightly silly situation I've gotten myself into. Please bear with me.
    I've been recording photos and videos on my 201E onto a DVD-RW disc in VR format. Yesterday I put the unfinalized disc in a computer, and it was able to read the files from the DVD. However before ejecting, it insisted on formatting the disc for compatibility.

Upon putting the DVD back into the camcorder, it said that recording was disabled and the disc was already finalized. I can still view the files on the camcorder, but I cannot unfinalize the disc as it was not done on the camcorder. The disc is also now in VIDEO format instead of VR.
    What's worse is that after reformatting the computer cannot recognise the disc now. It thinks the disc is empty, which isn't true because I can see the files on the camcorder. It doesn't really make sense since a finalized disc in video form should be more compatible with it but instead isn't.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can recover the files from the disc?

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly ISObuster
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah that's probably another thing to mention. I've tried ISObuster, but it can't detect any files either.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if anyone in future is coming to this thread wondering how i solved it, i used a different laptop with windows 10 to read the disc and then pull the files off the disc. hope this helps
    Quote Quote