VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How do I make it so I can use -g 1 to make all frames keyframes without having to re-encode the video?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You don't.

Changing frame type REQUIRES reencoding. Perhaps theoretically the best smart rendering apps could only reencode the frametypes that will change, but in most GOP sequences P and B frames make up the bulk of the frame types.

You must understand, what you SEE on the screen during P and B frames is NOT what is STORED: what is seen is I + P or multiple P's (in the case of P type) or I + multiple P's and multiple B's (in the case of B type), and if there is OpenGOP sequence, it gets even more complex because the succeeding GOP's frames can then be added to the mix. This is happening for each of those frames.

Scott

<edit> it is beginning to feel like you are just creating new multiple threads to re-ask the same thing in a slightly different way. Either because you don't like the answer you are being told, or because you don't understand.
    If it's the former CUT IT OUT. That's against forum rules.
    If it's the latter, just admit to it and perhaps some folks here will take pity on you and go into more detail. But on ONLY one thread.
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 26th Dec 2023 at 10:57.
    Quote Quote