VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,I havenīt make a home movie to a DVD/VCD with my DV-Camcorder before.I would like to record it to VCD and send it to my family.So, I need your HELP.I try Windows XP Movie Makerand thats nothing happing when I connect my DV to the computer through USB port.But I can download the still picture from my Memory stick.Can anyone kindly show me how it works.I am using:

Sony DCR-PC115

and my computer system are:

Athlon Boxed XP Model 2000Plus,1.67GH
    512Mb DDR333 DIMM 64-bit 184-pin
    80 Gb Barracuda ATA IV
    Inno3D Tornado GeForce4 Ti4200 64Mb AGP
    DVR-A04,Pionner

Itīs only 2 months old.I hope someone can help me.
    I got this computer is to make some dvd/vcd and photo cd to send home to my family.Never done this before.

nkk

PS:I hope this time Iīm in the right FORUM...
    Quote Quote  
  2. DV video is not transferred by a USB cable - you need a firewire cable.
    You didn't mention a firewire card in your PC's hardware list so I expect you will need to get one - they're not expensive and they usually come with a firewire cable.

Hope this helps,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. HI Sdmoore,Thankīs for you reply.I guess I have to get a firewire card.Any suggestion which is the best for my Camcorder and my computer?? What do to think about Pinnacle Studio Version8 or Pinnacle studio clip???Or something esle?Is too many in the market...makes me confuse .I use for capture video from my DV to my coputer hard disk and then burn it to VCD/DVD(mostly VCD cause itīs more cheaper).

Thankīs

nkk
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi nkk,

Before you buy a firewire card have a look at the back of your PC - some sound cards have a firewire port on them - you might already have one and not know it! (You can also check in Device Manager and look for something like IEEE 1394 Bus Controller)

If you do have to buy one - they are all mostly the same - although I've heard that those with chipsets by Texas Instruments are supposed to be better than those from VIA.

Software wise, well I don't know anything about Pinnacle. I use Vegas Video from Sonic Foundry - regarded as one of the best in it's class. This may be too pricey for you but they do make a cut-down version called Video Factory - check their web site on http://www.sonicfoundry.com

Hope this helps,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!