VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm looking for a program (s) that can add custom menu to 3D Blu Ray ISO (which contains main movie only). Also would be nice to re-arrange default audio track and subtitle.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I know, you can't add or change anything inside an ISO. You need to author a new Blu-ray with the changes you want and create a new ISO.

I haven't done this, but in theory, you could mount the ISO and use MakeMKV to create an MKV file. After that, you would demultiplex the audio, video, and subtitles into separate streams using gMKVExtractGUI (which also requires installing MKVToolnix). Finally, you would use Blu-ray authoring software that allows users to specify the default audio track and subtitles as well as custom menus to author a new Blu-ray and create a new ISO with the authoring software, or use Imgburn to create a new ISO from Blu-ray files and folders. I don't know which authoring software allows someone to specify how the default audio track and subtitles are arranged.

[Edit]I somehow missed that the Blu-ray video is 3D. Unfortunately, although I have some limited experience authoring normal Blu-ray, I have no experience with authoring 3D Blu-ray. I can't even tell you which consumer Blu-ray authoring software (if any) can author 3D Blu-ray.

[Edit 2] DVD Architect 6 and DVD Architect 7 are the only consumer products I found that can author 3D Blu-ray. Unfortunately, DVD Architect was discontinued some time ago due to a lack of demand. These versions of DVD Architect were at one time included in a bundle with Vegas Pro. Vegas Pro 16 was the last that had a bundle available that included DVD Architect. Some versions of Movie Studio Platinum also included DVD Architect but the version of DVD Architect was only for basic authoring.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 23rd Sep 2023 at 09:42.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you! I'll keep researching.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    If commercial applications are suitable as well you can try Blu-Disc Studio. Standard version allows to use tsMuxer to mux 3D. And you can use tsMuxer to de-mux 3D to get assets for BDS.
    But this application is slightly more complicated I would say.

Also TMPGEnc Authoring Works supports 3D.
    Quote Quote