VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

In the File Explorer, I want to view files sorted by day names in Windows 10; for example, sorted on Sundays.
    Windows doesn't allow it [at least I don't know how].

How do I go about it? Do I need a third-party tool [free]?

Thanks.
    Sword is no substitute for kitchen-knife.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I understand your requirement, but as far as I know, sorting files by day of the week (like Sundays, Mondays etc.) is not a built-in feature in Windows 10 File Explorer.

However, you can get around this with a bit of manual effort, or a script. You could create separate folders for each day of the week, and then move your files accordingly. This way, you can view your files sorted by the day of the week.

For a more automated solution, you could consider writing a PowerShell script that can sort files based on the day of the week they were created or last modified. This requires some technical knowledge.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    Hi,

I understand your requirement, but as far as I know, sorting files by day of the week (like Sundays, Mondays etc.) is not a built-in feature in Windows 10 File Explorer.

However, you can get around this with a bit of manual effort, or a script. You could create separate folders for each day of the week, and then move your files accordingly. This way, you can view your files sorted by the day of the week.

For a more automated solution, you could consider writing a PowerShell script that can sort files based on the day of the week they were created or last modified. This requires some technical knowledge.

can't. I don't know how to do it.

My apologies for replying so late.
    Sword is no substitute for kitchen-knife.
    Quote Quote