VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using Linux (and Wine) on my Chromebook to edit some of my video captures for months now. It may not be as good as the Windows versions but they did serve my purposes. The thing is, not every program can be installed unless I have wine and even then, not every program likes Wine. Can anyone recommend me some Linux alternatives to these non linear editors?
    1. Xmedia Recode
    2. PowerDirector
    3. RipBot264
    4. MeGUI.
    5. AVISynth, FFMPEG and AVISynth Plus. Again, I know these aren't editors.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Native FFMPEG is available in Linux.
    There are many choices of non-linear editors, Kdenlive, Cinelerra, Openshot.... Click on "Software" at the top of this forum and then select Linux.
    My personal favorite is Flowblade.

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
    I have been using Linux (and Wine) on my Chromebook to edit some of my video captures for months now. It may not be as good as the Windows versions but they did serve my purposes. The thing is, not every program can be installed unless I have wine and even then, not every program likes Wine. Can anyone recommend me some Linux alternatives to these non linear editors?
    1. Xmedia Recode
    2. PowerDirector
    3. RipBot264
    4. MeGUI.
    5. AVISynth, FFMPEG and AVISynth Plus. Again, I know these aren't editors.
    check out the Linux video tools section - https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/linux-video-tools
    Quote Quote