VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i bought a movie on itunes. i am trying to remove the drm protection by converting the .m4v file into an .mp4 file. i am having difficulty with that. i tried a bunch of softwares and none worked out

is there anyone here who is good at doing that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvdfab can remove the DRM protection - https://www.dvdfab.cn/drm-removal.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. i tried it. it gave me process failed. all the programs that i tried failed. i don't know. i think that the fault is with itunes. what can i do?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Removing drm is a moving target, they're always changing the protocols. Try searching "video remove drm from .m4v files" and selecting recent hits.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Eventually dvdfab will address your issue but you have to report it at their forum not from here.

And do read the this forum's rules since 'help needed' is not an appropriate header. One needs to be more specific to get the appropriate replies.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shadshood View Post
    i tried it. it gave me process failed. all the programs that i tried failed. i don't know. i think that the fault is with itunes. what can i do?
    the developers are aware of the issue with the latest release and have a version that works for now. see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab-english/dvdfab-drm-removal/375941-itunes-12-10-3-support
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    shadshood,in the future please use a more descriptive title rather than 'please help me, help needed etc..',for this time i changed the title.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any updates to this DRM removal for Apple ? Recommendations above do not work. I bought a movie from Apple tv, can only veiw it on the pc through itunes. Paid same price as if I had bought the dvd, trouble is they don't release them on dvd nowadays only to streaming. Want to burn to dvd and watch it on my tv. Tried the latest dvdFab, result: DRM for Apple needed. DRM for Apple is not included in dvdFab 12, so what can I do ? Have I just wasted the purchase ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cyflyer View Post
    Any updates to this DRM removal for Apple ? Recommendations above do not work. I bought a movie from Apple tv, can only veiw it on the pc through itunes. Paid same price as if I had bought the dvd, trouble is they don't release them on dvd nowadays only to streaming. Want to burn to dvd and watch it on my tv. Tried the latest dvdFab, result: DRM for Apple needed. DRM for Apple is not included in dvdFab 12, so what can I do ? Have I just wasted the purchase ?
    streamfab apple tv plus downloader - https://www.dvdfab.cn/streamfab-apple-tv-plus-downloader.htm?trackid=headmenu2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    october262, will it deal with the purchased version I already downloaded or just for initial downloads ? Also, it is safe ? I am getting wary of unknown software downloads and the potential harm. Thanks for your input.
    Quote Quote