VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Now this is something that I have not really considered in the past but yesterday there was one upload that a comment was appropriate.

The uploader has not disabled comments. There is a box that states 'Add a public comment' and it is my understanding that you click in that box to allow you to type your thoughts. However, if I click there, it just takes me back to a 'home' page.

This is not unique for this channel. It happens for every video I now attempt to comment on.

I do not have a channel. The help pages state I do not need one to comment.

I do have a Google Account but not a gmail one. Again, the help pages state that this is not a requirement.

I am logged in to Youtube and, when I last checked, am of adult age

Mind you, in my yt menu I can not create a channel either so something is not right here.

BTW Restricted mode is 'Off' which I understand were it 'On' I could not comment.

This is not critical to my existence but I really, on this occasion, did want to contribute.

Any ideas if I have missed something (or one of the Google Account settings, which can make you dizzy just reading them)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. I have solved my own issue. Maybe of value for others.

Despite yt's statement that I did not require a gmail acc, it appears that I do. (established since my dad has gmail and using his acc I could post)

Once I created one, which I will possibly never use, and restart yt, I was able to post a comment (not for the original video but a later one by the same uploader)
    Quote Quote