VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey everyone.
    I've been thinking about buying a Superzoom camera for along time.

Ran into this article https://www.fotospring.de/superzoom-kamera-test/(i know it's in German, but automatic translation in Chrome easily solve his problem) and fell in love with this guy Sony DSC-HX400V Digital Camera. Who has one? Are you happy with it?

Thanks in advance for all the recommendations.
    Das Leben ist schön, es lächelt mich an!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have a fairly new Canon SX540 HS camera. 50X optical zoom, 200X with digital enabled (close to 200X images become almost useless, but at 150X they're not bad.). Beautiful camera, but delicate. My first one broke in a short fall off the tripod. I was lucky to get Best Buy to replace it for free. Normally it was about $269. Not bad for that kind of optical power. 132GB memory card gives it enough memory to record the end of the world and the repeat later. Amazing!! Battery life is really good. If you are going to buy it for real-time, 100% duty, I highly recommend the AC Adapter/Battery replacement. It'll run all the time with that huge memory capability.

And Canon OWNS optics. Nobody comes close - not Nikon, not Minolta ... nobody. Buy Canon for their excellent lenses!!

If you don't want to spend a fortune and want killer zoom power, this is your camera.
    Quote Quote  
  3. looks promising...
    Quote Quote