VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 137
FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 4096
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    manolito thanks for the steps ill give them a try once I boot back into windows 10. I still dual boot between windows 7 and windows 10 even on different ssds. I'm on windows 7 right now. This is why I keep windows 7 still on my computer to see if there is a problem with the software any on windows 10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The compatibility setting did not help; I've only seen this crash with the DVD menu settings,
    the rest of A2D seems OK in Win 10. Not a biggie for me, I'll use XP if I need the menu (dual boot)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a windows 7 system and am having much the same problem as davexnet with menu creation in release 2.8.7.

When I click on the DVD Menu button, I get this error message-
    "Error 35602
    Key is not unique in collection".

If I then click OK, the menu creation panel appears but if I then click on Run Editor, I get this error message-
    "Run-time error '91'
    Object variable or With block variable not set".

If I then click on OK, the program (i.e. AVStoDVD) closes.

The problem seems limited to release 2.8.7 as when I uninstalled that version and reinstalled release 2.8.6 menu creation (and everything else for that matter) worked flawlessly.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  4. About the error:

"Error 35602
    Key is not unique in collection"

have you tried, guys, to do a complete uninstall of AVStoDVD, removing also the registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVStoDVD) and then re-install AVStoDVD 2.8.7?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi MrC,
    did not do a reinstall because I'm running the portable version, but the registry tweak mentioned above did not help.
    The reason I stuck with the portable is so that I wouldn't have to bother with the Java RTE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The No-Install version of A2D is not a real "portable" version. Portable software does not touch the Windows Registry or any Windows system folder. Everything resides in one single folder, all settings are stored in an INI file within this folder. The A2D No-Install version does write to the registry. The difference to the Install version is that it comes without any helper software like AviSynth, LAVFilters or other.

For the issues some of you had I have another idea. It is really just a shot from the hip, but it solved similar problems for me a couple of times...

I had the problem that every once in a while the language selection entry just disappeared. All language files were where they should be. Deleting the whole Registry key and reentering all settings also did not help. What did help was to copy the whole AVStoDVD folder including all subfolders to a different partition. Then I deleted the original A2D folder and defragged the partition. Rebooted, then moved the A2D folder from the other partition back to its original location. And bingo, everything worked as before.

This method worked reliably on a couple of occasions. The only explanation I have is that VB6 software might have a problem with the Windows prefetch method. After I turned prefetch off for application startup (just kept the boot prefetch) I never had the problem again.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ** deleted this illogical ramble***

I was trying to say that I tried the same no_install folder I created and was using in Win 10
    in Windows XP and I got the same error. A file compare of the earlier download with
    a fresh download was the same. Eventually I updated the 7 zip program in Windows 10
    and for now, it has created a folder that is working.
    Last edited by davexnet; 4th Apr 2018 at 11:53. Reason: re-do
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    About the error:

"Error 35602
    Key is not unique in collection"

have you tried, guys, to do a complete uninstall of AVStoDVD, removing also the registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVStoDVD) and then re-install AVStoDVD 2.8.7?

Bye
    Thanks for the quick response. Will try that this evening when I get home and report back.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Uninstalled AVStoDVD and deleted all registry keys that referred to the program. Then re-installed AVStoDVD 2.8.7. Problem solved. Thank you.

Of course, I did have to re-set all my preferences but that's a small price to pay.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I would like to address this bug in avstodvd 2.8.7:

When converting a videofile, the chapters in the video probably wont work properly anymore.
    This is because the program only supports to assign a frame rate number to a chapter.
    And when after conversion the video framerate is altered by avstodvd (what is a great possibility),
    the frame number does not match the correct time of the chapter anymore.

And as an insult to injury, build-in chapters in mkv files are not recognized at all.

So, dear maker(s) of avstodvd, make this following so:
    1) Add support for MKV build-in chapters
    2) Replace the add framerate for chapters, with add timestamp (00:00:00) for chapter marking

Btw. I understand you ask for donations, but as long as your program does not even have proper chapter support
    for todays most popular and most versatile mkv files, then sorry, I am not gonna donate.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The program supports built in chapters in MKV files automatically, see these two images.

What was the frame rate of your source? Can you provide the AVStoDVD log ?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	chpt1.png
Views:	53
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	45112  

Click image for larger version

Name:	chpt2.png
Views:	65
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	45113  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ djerk

As davexnet already pointed out, AVStoDVD does honor MKV source chapters without problems. You need to check the "Use Source Chapters" option in the preferences.

And for adding chapter points manually it is true that AVStoDVD only supports the IFOEdit format which means frame numbers. If AVStoDVD is set to change the frame rate for the output then you will need to recalculate the frame numbers for your chapters. But there are chapter editors out there which will do this calculation for you (like ChapterGen or chapterEditor).

Cheers
    manolito
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Source_Chapters.png
Views:	110
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	45116  

Quote Quote  
  13. Yow Davilexnet and Maniputilo_O,

I have made a clean (thus not converted from mp4 or other format) mkv file with makemkv from a dvd.
    It came without chapters.
    Then I used mkvtoolnix's v22.0.0 chapter editor to add my own chapters, and saved them into the mkv.

Then I tried vlc mediaplayer v2.2.6 on it, and my chapters worked.
    Also Vso's ConvertXtoDvd V7.0.0.52 recognizes my own made chapters.

But, even with the option "Use Source Chapter List" enabled, avstodvd just turns on automatically creation of chapters, and adds them on avery 5 minutes (or so)
    Also, my chapters don't appear in the 'Sources Titles' sub window, like my own subtitles do, that are also in the mkv file.

Vso's ConvertXtoDvd V7.0.0.52, lists the mkv file fps at 25.

Avstodvd logfile:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <05-04-18 05:32:37>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: PAL
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4450/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: LIVINGPROOF
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\4_to_dvd\Avstodvd \01
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Video Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS Audio Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    Frame Adjust Strategy: 0
    FPS Hard Conversion: 1
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    NTSC SlowDown: 0
    Video Resolution: 1
    Video Encoder: 1
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 1
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): NL - Dutch
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): NL - Dutch
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 16pt (240,240,240)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: G: PLEXTOR DVDR PX-750A 1.03
    DVD Burning Speed: 2.4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie Library: 1
    Adjust DirectShow Filters at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 0

SYSTEM INFO

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    Operating System: Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64 bit
    User has Admin Rights: YES
    Running with Elevated Privileges: NO (3)
    Available Output Disc Space: 273 GB
    AviSynth is installed: YES (release 2.6.0)
    LAV Filters is installed: YES (release 0.70.2)
    ffdshow is installed: NO

CODECS REPORT

H.264/AVC: LAV Video Decoder
    Xvid: LAV Video Decoder
    DivX 4/5/6: LAV Video Decoder
    Other MPG4: LAV Video Decoder
    DV: LAV Video Decoder
    MPEG1: LAV Video Decoder
    MPEG2: LAV Video Decoder
    AAC: LAV Audio Decoder
    MP3: LAV Audio Decoder
    MP2: LAV Audio Decoder
    AC3: LAV Audio Decoder
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\3_result\Mkvtooln \Destinat\Mkv\LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_versie.mkv
    Info: MPEG-2 Video - 3915 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 16:9 - 29,97 fps (CFR) - 1:30:38 hours - 130386 frames
    Audio 1: E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\3_result\Mkvtooln \Destinat\Mkv\LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_versie.mkv
    Info: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 1:30:38 hours (0 ms delay)
    Subs 1: E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\3_result\Mkvtooln \Destinat\Mkv\LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_versie.mkv
    Info: SubRip (SRT)
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.77]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\MCJMFPS.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\3 _result\Mkvtooln\Destinat\Mkv\LIVING_PROOF_t01_mij n_versie.mkv", CacheFolder="D:\Apptemp", VFR=false, FrameRate=29.97)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\3 _result\Mkvtooln\Destinat\Mkv\LIVING_PROOF_t01_mij n_versie.mkv", CacheFolder="D:\Apptemp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)
    Video = Video.MCJMFPS(25)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

DIRECTSHOW AUDIO MIXER OPERATIONS:
    No LAV Filters mixer ON/OFF adjustment required at runtime
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Encoding Profile: FFmpeg CBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 4052,9 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -i "D:\Apptemp\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_vers ie_1.avs" -threads 4 -aspect 16:9 -c:v mpeg2video -b:v 6252k -minrate 6252k -maxrate 6252k -bufsize 2000k -dc 10 -bf 2 -mbd rd -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -y "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie.m2v"
    <>

<05-04-18 09:03:24>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Source Filter: A2DSource - DSS2 mod (LAV Filters on)
    Created File: E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_ve rsie.m2v (4053 MB)
    Ouput Video Info: MPEG-2 Video - 6252 kbps - 720x576 - DAR 16:9 - 25 fps - Progressive - 1:30:38 hours - 135953 frames
    Avg Video Encoding Speed: 10,8 fps
    <>

<05-04-18 09:04:07>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\3_result\Mkvtool n\Destinat\Mkv\LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_versie.mkv" -c:a copy -vn -sn -y "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie_1.ToFix.ac3"
    <>

<05-04-18 09:04:16>
    START AC3 FIXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    ac3fix Parameters: "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie_1.ToFix.ac3" "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie_1.ac3"
    <>

<05-04-18 09:04:47>
    END AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_ve rsie_1.ac3 (290,4 MB)
    Output Audio Info: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 1:30:38 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>

<05-04-18 09:04:47>
    START SUBS EXTRACTING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    MKVExtract Parameters: tracks "E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\3_result\Mkvtool n\Destinat\Mkv\LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_versie.mkv" 2:"D:\Apptemp\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_ve rsie.srt"
    <>

<05-04-18 09:05:02>
    END SUBS EXTRACTING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: D:\Apptemp\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_versi e.srt (99,6 KB)
    <>

<05-04-18 09:05:04>
    START SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    ANSI format conversion routine applied
    SRT errors fixing routine applied (1 lines fixed)
    SubtitleCreator Parameters: "D:\Apptemp\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_vers ie.srt" -p2 -i"C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\SubtitleCreator\Examples\VTS_01_0.I FO"
    <>

<05-04-18 09:05:17>
    END SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_ve rsie_1.sup (2,9 MB)
    <>

DVD CHAPTERS CREATION OPERATIONS
    Title 1 Input Chapters List: 1371 16781 20386 49486 65108 113415 118107 125344
    Title 1 Output Chapters List: 1371 16781 20386 49486 65108 113415 118107 125344
    Created File: E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_ve rsie_Chapters.txt (60 Byte)
    <>

START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "D:\Apptemp\LIVINGPROOF_BatchMux.ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -bmlog "D:\Apptemp\LIVINGPROOF_BatchMux.log"
    -d "E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\4_to_dvd\Avstodv d\01\LIVINGPROOF\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "D:\Apptemp\LIVINGPROOF_MuxMan.mxp"
    -l "D:\Apptemp\LIVINGPROOF_MuxMan.log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio NORMAL
    -palette "D:\Apptemp\LIVINGPROOF_Palette.txt"
    -v "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie_1.ac3"
    -a1lang nl
    -s1 "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie_1.sup"
    -s1lang nl
    -s1ext 9
    -cellfr "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "E:\Temp\Video\LIVINGPROOF_LIVING_PROOF_t01_mijn_v ersie_Chapters.txt"
    <>

<05-04-18 09:08:17>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: E:\Temp\Video\Tim\Livingpr\Try_3\4_to_dvd\Avstodvd \01\LIVINGPROOF (4436,8 MB)

CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 4436,8 MB
    vs Assets Size: 4346,2 MB -> OK
    vs Estimated Size: 4450 MB -> 0,3% undersize
    <>

<05-04-18 09:08:18>
    AVStoDVD Project ended successfully.
    <>

<05-04-18 09:08:18>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.8.7
    <>
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any1?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maniputilo, I like that... (I still won't call you "Jerk")

Maybe you have discovered a bug...

Could you upload a short cut version of your source file (split it using MKVToolNix) which shows the problem?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  15. Well, I choosed my nick, so people would go love call me a jerk.
    Cauz then I can go call em: thou dem djerketh(s)
    Its quite a practical nick, as you can use it to scold any type of sex, also all types of gay persons.

"Maniputilo" is goodnuff for default undercover work.
    But for serious contra-spy work, aawd certainly go for "Maniputilo_O"

Hereby 2 minutes of the mkv video I referred to, in my previous msg.
    Its length is 14:30 and contains 2 chapters.
    1st chapter at 57 seconds
    And 2nd at 14:30.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps MrC (the author) may need to check to see why the MKV's chapters are ignored and default chapters set.

By the way, this input file is going to make a very poor conversion 29.97 fps source but only 23.976 unique frames.
    then using motion compensation to decimate to 25 fps PAL frame rate. Picture quality will be poor.

AVStoDVD does not know that the source is like this, best to fix that first, decimate to 23.976, the allow the conversion to PAL in AVStpDVD.

If you do this, might as well extract the subs manually and convert to frame number format using something like
    gMKVExtractGUI and Chaptergen
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps this has been discussed here before (in sections of this very long thread that I have not seen), but recently I've had to convert increasingly more HEVC / X265 material using AVS. So far, decent results using the default FFMPeg choice. I'm wondering if the (latest ?) version of HCenc being used would be up to the task ? What about 2-pass ? And are there any other AVS settings I should be using ?

When I installed 2.8.7 on this rig, I did set everything to LAV filters. (Not sure how to get from mere Admin status to "Elevated", but this seems to have taken. Still using W7U x64.) Occasionally I still see the warning about having both FFDshow & LAV installed at the same time. This does not seem to have hampered anything thus far though. There was that issue with the missing icons, but the instructions in FAQ GUI 2.6 took care of that.

Oh, one other issue. I just got an error that no subs could be created because Java Runtime Environment could not be found on the system. But it most certainly is installed.
    [Attachment 45120 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Seeker47; 7th Apr 2018 at 14:27.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why do you doubt HCenc it usually works very well. I usually use it with AQ=2, LUM=1 and the Fox 2 matrix

Might be better off using ffmpegsource instead of direct show for you video and audio source filters
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Perhaps MrC (the author) may need to check to see why the MKV's chapters are ignored and default chapters set.
    I played a little with the uploaded clip, and sure enough A2D does not like the embedded chapters. The weird thing is that other MKVs with chapters are recognized just fine. I am not sure what is happening, maybe it is the pattern of having just a few chapters spaced over the source in irregular distances?

Repacking the clip into an MP4 container does not help, the chapters are still not recognized. It is also not a regression, I went back to some more than 3 year old A2D versions, they all behave the same.

Until this gets fixed you can apply a manual workaround. See this older post:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread/page81#post2378328

You don't even have to type in your chapter points manually if you have a source file with the correct chapters. Open the source with MediaInfo, set the MediaInfo output to "Text". Copy the Chapters section to the clipboard, create a new text file and paste the text into this file. My Convert_To_Ogg.bat file will happily convert the chapters into the OGG format which then can be converted into the Celltimes format using ChapterGen. If the source file is MKV then you can also extract the chapters with GPower MKVExtractGUI in the OGG format and import the file directly into ChapterGen.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 7th Apr 2018 at 17:45.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, this input file is going to make a very poor conversion 29.97 fps source but only 23.976 unique frames.
    then using motion compensation to decimate to 25 fps PAL frame rate. Picture quality will be poor.

AVStoDVD does not know that the source is like this, best to fix that first, decimate to 23.976, the allow the conversion to PAL in AVStpDVD.
    Yeah, the old telecine thing, man am I glad to live in PAL land...
    But there is an easy fix for such sources in AVStoDVD. Just upgrade MediaInfo.dll in the A2d\Lib folder with the current version 18.03.1. With this version you will get a popup window telling you that the container info has a different fps than the clip info, and it recommends to use the container fps of 23.976. Works perfectly...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why do you doubt HCenc it usually works very well. I usually use it with AQ=2, LUM=1 and the Fox 2 matrix

Might be better off using ffmpegsource instead of direct show for you video and audio source filters
    Thanx for the suggestions: I'm trying them out right now on a PAL X265 file, using VBR 2-pass.

I don't know that I'd call it doubt -- more like lack of experience with it on these codecs. (It seemed to me that HCenc was not so regularly updated ?) Other parts of my query -- like on JRE detection and the subs -- so far remain unanswered. I seem to be able to work around that by using external SRT subs, if they are available, as an alternative to the EN subs that were present inside the MKV container . . . .

I'm unsure what the implications of deleting the ffdshow files may be, particularly for programs other than AVS. I usually hesitate to toss stuff without a strong reason for doing so. It would be better if there was just some way to "hide" them from AVS.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 8th Apr 2018 at 15:14.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HCenc never deals with the codec issues of the source files directly. Avisynth does through it's source input filter and it passes uncompressed frames to HCenc.
    Have you installed the 32 bit version of the Java RTE ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is true that HCenc has not been updated for a while, but this is because it is basically bug-free. FFmpeg is updated all the time, but this does not mean that the MPEG2 encoder is still being worked on. MPEG2 encoding can be considered static, everybody is busy with HEVC or other "latest hot sh..." encoders.

By default AVStoDVD only uses FFmpeg for encoding if the video bitrate is higher than 6500 kbps. The reason is that FFmpeg with default settings does not produce good quality for lower bitrates. (FFmpeg uses CBR mode without B-Frames by default, the built-in Quant Matrix is not too suitable for DVDs). This does not mean that FFMpeg cannot produce better quality, you just have to use different parameters.

I cannot reproduce your issue that A2D does not detect an installed JRE. Are you sure that you have installed the 32-bit JRE version?

The warning you get if you have installed ffdshow and LAV Filters at the same time is just a precaution. If you have set the Preferred DirectShow Filters to LAV then the LAV Filters will get used even if ffdshow is also installed. One thing which might cause problems is the splitter. With ffdshow you need to install a separate splitter, and in most cases this will be the Haali splitter. Haali has the nasty habit to put itself to the foreground even if the LAV splitter was installed later (with a higher filter merit). This may or may not work, you need to find out for yourself.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HCenc never deals with the codec issues of the source files directly. Avisynth does through it's source input filter and it passes uncompressed frames to HCenc.
    Have you installed the 32 bit version of the Java RTE ?
    No, it was the 64-bit, I believe. Will check on that. So, I need to have the 32-bit JRE also ?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by also. If you have some other program(s) that needs it that's your business.
    AVStoDVD/BDSup2Sub almost certainly needs the 32 bit version. They two versions should be able to live together without issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by also. If you have some other program(s) that needs it that's your business.
    AVStoDVD/BDSup2Sub almost certainly needs the 32 bit version. They two versions should be able to live together without issue.
    I'm guessing that when I sought out the JRE, there was some auto-detect and it fed me the 64-bit as being applicable for this system. I'll have to see if I can get around that and isolate to the 32-bit version for installation.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by djerk View Post
    I would like to address this bug in avstodvd 2.8.7:

When converting a videofile, the chapters in the video probably wont work properly anymore.
    This is because the program only supports to assign a frame rate number to a chapter.
    And when after conversion the video framerate is altered by avstodvd (what is a great possibility),
    the frame number does not match the correct time of the chapter anymore.

And as an insult to injury, build-in chapters in mkv files are not recognized at all.
    Hi djerk, first of all thanks for pointing out this discrepancy.

Some time ago I have added in the code an extra condition to the usage of built-in chapters: if the source title has mpeg2 video stream, then DO NOT use the built-in chapters. The reason was that some DVD/IFO files have chapters info as well, but in a different fashion (as per MediaInfo detection routine). Actually I can modify the condition from mpeg2 video stream to DVD/IFO container.

Meanwhile, as workaround, you have 2 options:

- Export the chapters from your mkv and use the Import Chapters tool (Edit Title > Chapters)
    - (don't like very much) Convert the video stream of your mkv from mpeg2 to lossless format (or very high bitrate avc/x264) and feed AVStoDVD with the new mkv

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone a while back I posted about ffmpeg crashing on windows 10 using my vhs captures in mpeg 2. Well some how it fixed itself after i installed avisynth 2.6.1 alpha version. When I removed the version that came with avs2dvd witch is 2.6.0 version. When i installed 2.6.1. I tested it twice on mpeg 2 and mkv and ffmpeg didn't crash once. Just letting you know. I don't got ffmpeg sent to like windows 7 in Compatibility mode anymore. Before I removed avisynth 2.6.0. I did a complete uninstall of avs2dvd and It didn't fix the issue I was having. Now everything is great. Now I can create dvds under windows 10 no need to dual boot to windows 7 just to create dvds with avs2dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Thanks so much y'all for the reply's, catsNkittenz.

Your comments 1cegain tells me aam just a video ro_Okie, here bathin in a bowl filled with vidspecialists.
    And my ro_Okie guts tellz me to just wait for MrErnieC has fixed the chapter issue in a successor of Avstodvd 2.8.7

Indeed davilex.net, that fps issue I noticed 2, but didn't understand it quite well.
    It looked like the MKV container's video fps, differs from the mpeg video fps rate, that resides it the mkv container.
    Mediainfo also does not understand this.
    (A remake of the g-spot media analyzer would do bedda, I think)

And indeed, this material was taken from ntsc dvd, but I want to use it in pal, for I live in western Europe.
    Dvd simply is not available in pal format, so I had no other chance to get it in ntsc.

Yep, video quality is bad, but this is the direct taken source from the dvd.
    So, I guess there's no way to level the quality (?). For a ro_Okie.
    Quote Quote