VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I created a DVD with Sony DVD Architect Pro 6.0 and when I viewed it I noticed that when a video finished the dvd ended rather then returning to the menu. I had deleted all the files and temporary folders that DVD Architect uses when it creates the DVD.

I found the original files that I used to create the DVD but they are in a format that is not recognized by DVD Architect.

Rather then having to convert the files and re-creating the DVD with DVD Architect, is there software that will load the DVD and allow me to fix the end action to return to the menu rather then stop playing and then re-burn the DVD?

I'm thinking that it would be best just to recreate the DVD from the converted files, but thought I would ask anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can fix it with pgcedit(free but I have no idea how...) or DVDremake Pro(easier but not free).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, easy using PGCEdit.

1. Open the DVD.
    2. Highlight the video and then double-click the post command that's there now. Maybe it says 'Exit'.
    3. In the Command Editor screen that opens up, go Alphabetically->Call SS-FP followed by 'OK'.
    4. Go File->Save DVD. Test out your work before burning to disc.

If something messes up, PGCEdit has saved the original IFOs and you can start over by going File->Backups->Restore Backup.

Now, this should be okay as it returns to the beginning of the DVD which then ordinarily goes to the menu. However, if there's some sort of introductory video that plays before the menu you might not want that. Until you say there is such a thing, I'll leave the instructions as-is as they're pretty simple to follow.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the replys. Thought it might be possible. Will download and try it out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Since you ORIGINALLY authored the video with DVD Architect (so you clearly HAVE DVD Architect), I would assume you did the proper thing and saved the project.
    OK, so just re-open the project and change the [End Action] of the clip to the main menu, re-save the project, re-compile, and burn! Easiest option available, IMO.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!