VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone! I'm still new to this site, but it has helped me a lot in my work with DVD Authoring and modifications. Here's my problem:
    I have a dvd movie in which the menus are motion (not stills) and are in french. Now I've edited them in english, I've managed to replace the french ones with Vobblanker, I imported the buttons and colour schemes with PgcEdit. The only problem is that the button highlights (which are shaped like dinos) aren't visible. Now, I tried importing the vob (containing the edited menus) in DVDSubEdit but nothing appears - as if it is not imported. Where am I going wrong? Please help!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dilophosaurus65 View Post
    Now I've edited them in english, I've managed to replace the french ones with Vobblanker, I imported the buttons and colour schemes with PgcEdit.
    You also need to extract the original subpictures (to a SUP file) and then mux them together with your modified menu and audio (if any) before replacing with Vobblanker.

PgcEdit will re-import the functionality of the buttons and the color schemes but not the actual subpicture because it has to be added at muxing stage.

Use PgcDemux to demux the subpictures of the corresponding menu cell.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I didn't expect such a fast answer, something for which I am absolutely grateful to you. Actually at some point after posting this thread I kinda managed to figure out that if the movie part consists of elements (which can be demuxed), then the same would apply for the menus (duh!). The thing I didn't know was that the menu has a subpic (which basically are the highlights) and without them DVDSubEdit doesn' accept the vob. But noneless thank you very much! I really worked!!!
    Quote Quote