file1.mpg
                file2.mpg
             etc...
                file1.mpg
                file2.mpg
                file1.mpg
                file2.mpg
             etc...
    Is anyone aware of a converter that would allow me to load the Videos folder, or at least each of the year folders in for conversion of the files within the subfolders?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How would a converter - ANY converter - automatically know what order they should be in (except maybe alphabetically)? It would be just as easy to do a mass rename where it recursively concatentates the naming of the folders into the name of the files, so you would end up with (a copy of) a single folder (Videos) wherein you would have files of the name: 2010_01_file01.mpg, 2010_01_file02.mpg, 2010_02_file01.mpg, 2010_02_file02.mpg, 2011_01_file01.mpg...

Which, when the folder is loaded into most any player/editor/converter/etc. would load them properly.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. My ideal converter would scan through all the subfolders, find and load the files in situ, then generate the converted copy right there in the same folder as the original. This way I wouldn't have to bulk rename and lose the folder structure. I have thousands of files I'd like to convert in this way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I believe this can work with StaxRip. What StaxRip does not is traversing sub folders, how you can workaround this in StaxRip and other applications is using windows search and drag the search result on the StaxRip dialog for adding files for batch processing. StaxRip uses the source directory as output directory by default and has a option to delete the temp directory which by default is also stored in the source directory. You don't need batch and scripting knowledge for this but if you have this knowledge you have more options!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use FFQueue with FFmpeg to do that. Just drag your "Videos" folder to the queue list to invoke the batch make tool. Select an output format, select an encoder preset, leave the destination folder empty (to create in the source folder) and click Make jobs.. and you're in business. If you specify a destination folder you will get in trouble because the current version of FFQueue does not create the sub-folder tree and since some file names are equal it will cause problems.

Btw. Next version of FFQueue will create the sub-folder structure in the destination folder when batch making jobs
    I'm the developer behind FFQueue. My posts might reflect this! ;-)
    Quote Quote  
  6. this would be something to let batch script to do, type this in notepad, save as something.BAT and put it into root of those all sub-directories and run it ,..., you can modify that ffmeg line as you want
    Code:
    @echo off
    setlocal
    set ffmpeg_path=C:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe

for /R %%i in (*.mpeg) do call :encode "%%i"
    echo.
    echo done with all files
    echo.
    echo press any key to exit ... 
    pause>nul
    endlocal & exit

:encode <file>
    echo.
    echo ENCODING: %~1
    "%ffmpeg_path%"  -i "%~1" -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 19 -c:a copy "%~dpn1.mkv"
    goto :eof
    Quote Quote