VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I would like to extract the video and audio streams from an encrypted SD blu-ray in order to fix some issues with avisynth. Is there some way to do this?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Decrypt and rip as an mkv file using MakeMKV and then extract the streams using MKVCleaver. You'll also need to install MKVToolnix in order to use MKVCleaver.

MakeMKV is free to use while in beta, though you'll need to get a new beta key from their forums every month or so to continue using it. The others are free with no conditions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your answer.

The video files are .m2ts files? Can I use the same procedure although they are not .mkv?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mathmax View Post
    Thank you for your answer.

The video files are .m2ts files? Can I use the same procedure although they are not .mkv?
    makemkv decrypts the .m2ts files on an original encrypted Blu-Ray disc and repackages the video and audio into an mkv file without re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you.

I can only see the feature to backup the DVD or blu-ray. I don't see an option to repackage the video into a mkv file. Where is such option?
    However, I guess I may be able to demux the .m2ts files with DGAVCIndex.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Unless you deliberately go into Backup Mode, output from MakeMKV will be an mkv file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I see now. Thank you Kerry56 and usually_quiet for your help.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!