VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Best Buy have a 720p HDTV LED 20" screen with a side slot for DVD.
    Model is NS-20ED310NA15 (not in the data base here)

Is this hackable ?

At only $120 I may get it for the guest bedroom anyway, but it would be nice if I could make it region free !
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you looked for a hack here or with a search engine and didn't find one it is because there is none. Specialty DVD players like those in cars, home theater systems, and TVs are almost never hackable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have a similar device and NO, it is not hackable.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    If you looked for a hack here or with a search engine and didn't find one it is because there is none. Specialty DVD players like those in cars, home theater systems, and TVs are almost never hackable.
    I guessed as much, not a problem, I already have a hacked player for the big screen TV. Thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Always assume any specialty player (this means portables, home theater systems, car systems, and TV/DVD or VCR/DVD combo players) cannot be hacked as probably 95% of the time that's the case. In the USA it's probably closer to 99% of the time.

It's getting so difficult now in the USA/Canada to make anything you buy region free that probably you're best served to buy region free players online from sellers like
    http://www.220-electronics.com
    http://www.world-import.com
    Amazon has 3rd party sellers who claim to sell region free players, but some buyers report buying players that could not be unlocked, so exercise caution if buying there and pay attention to the reviews, looking for reports of players that couldn't be unlocked.
    I haven't had to buy a new DVD player in a few years, but Philips was still making a small number of players you could buy in stores like Best Buy and unlock once you get home. If you buy a player in a physical store do your research before buying to be sure that the player has reports in the USA/Canada of successful unlocking and don't ever update the firmware on the player as doing so risks region free mode going away forever.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!