VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

In the last few weeks I have been using ImgBurn software to burn my Blu-ray and DVD discs successfully. Thank you very much for all the excellent members that showed it to me. I'm a beginner in this area and I'm learning some good information here.

Almost two/three days ago - I don't know why - ImgBurn can't burn Blu-ray discs anymore. I have copied below my PC screen steps to recognize my Recorder (Pioneer BD206). Detail: I already burned 4 blu-ray discs (same brand and lot).

Blu-ray Discs that I'm using: SONY (link) - in another thread I asked about this media and I discovered using ImgBurn that it is Ritek. However ImgBurn were burning it without any problem.

Why does it happening?
    If someone has a clue I really appreciate!

Thank you!

----------------------------------------

Last edited by NLP; 17th Sep 2014 at 13:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    #1 Don't mess with the advanced settings unless you really, really know what you are doing.

#2 Don't burn Ritek discs faster than 4x.

#3 Don't expect any Ritek BD-R to last more than 3 to 4 years in very good to excellent storage conditions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it normal for dvd/bd drives to be configured as a RAID ?

When I fire up imgburn my dvd-burner (I do not have a BD-burner) says .......... (ATA)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not normal. Maybe not even possible.

But ATA doesn't mean RAID, it refers to the interface. Quite common for optical drives.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So where does this '(RAID)' come from ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Misreporting drivers?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So that could have screwed the OP's abilty to use the burner ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    #1 Don't mess with the advanced settings unless you really, really know what you are doing.

#2 Don't burn Ritek discs faster than 4x.

#3 Don't expect any Ritek BD-R to last more than 3 to 4 years in very good to excellent storage conditions.
    Hi Kerry, what's really interesting is that I burned the firsts 4 blu-ray easily without any problem, but now the ImgBurn can't recognize it (using the same brand and same lot). It's strange. Thanks for your great help.

Is it normal for dvd/bd drives to be configured as a RAID ?

When I fire up imgburn my dvd-burner (I do not have a BD-burner) says .......... (ATA)
    Hi DB83, I really don't know what's this RAID thing. Thanks!

So that could have screwed the OP's abilty to use the burner ?
    Good question! I'm curious to know more about it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It was late and I needed my beauty sleep. Did expect some feedback or more responses but anyway.....

I would ask if you did anything to your system between the time you successfully burnt some disks to when the issues started. Any new hardware. Any updated drivers.Changed the settings on imgburn. In fact anything.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    It was late and I needed my beauty sleep. Did expect some feedback or more responses but anyway.....

I would ask if you did anything to your system between the time you successfully burnt some disks to when the issues started. Any new hardware. Any updated drivers.Changed the settings on imgburn. In fact anything.

Hi DB83,

I had installed Windows PS3 Media Service, MADVR and MPC-HC (64 bits). But I made the uninstall of these programs and the problem persisted.

Yesterday, I also tried to install the Windows 8 (I ever use the Windows 7) and occurred the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean 'Windows PS3 Media Server' ?

Was everything fine before you installed this ? Did that work has expected ?

I hardly think installing Windows 8 over a troubled system will cure anything.

Are you comfortable to enter your bios and check what the SATA settings say ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search PM
    The OP might have delete the drives in Device Manager and then reboot. Let windows re-install the drivers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    The OP might have delete the drives in Device Manager and then reboot. Let windows re-install the drivers
    Indeed. But doesn't Device Manager take its cue from the bios ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search PM
    Yes, but apparently this started suddenly. Either the BIOS got mysteriously changed or a driver got corrupted and misidentified, possibly by a bad software install
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Do you mean 'Windows PS3 Media Server' ?

Was everything fine before you installed this ? Did that work has expected ?

I hardly think installing Windows 8 over a troubled system will cure anything.

Are you comfortable to enter your bios and check what the SATA settings say ?

Hi DB83,

Yes, I mean PS3 Media Server - I wrote it wrongly .

Your advice of enter in the bios gave me an idea. I moved the Pioneer Recorder to another PC because with this test I could see if there were some hardware device or software that were causing the problem.

Initially, it worked 2~3 times, Pioneer read the discs, with the same blu-ray media discs that weren't working. However, I tested again (other 3 tries) and the problem came back. Probably, the media disc quality that is causing this problem. The Ebay seller sold me the worse medias available. Like I'm a beginner I thought that Sony was a good brand, but it's not true.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does this 2nd machine also show EXACTLY the same imgburn report as with the first PC ?

I mean do you still see .......... (RAID) or something else ?

Did also change any settings or leave them at 'default'

I do not burn BD's so can not comment on any quality issues. But I suspect as with dvd then Verbatim will be better.

It has also been wisely stated that burning speeds are critical even more so with BD's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To the OP: Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling imgburn?

I run into a problem with imgburn recognizing drives properly after using DVDShrink to create and burn an image.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Does this 2nd machine also show EXACTLY the same imgburn report as with the first PC ?

I do not burn BD's so can not comment on any quality issues. But I suspect as with dvd then Verbatim will be better.

It has also been wisely stated that burning speeds are critical even more so with BD's.

Hi DB83,

In the report of this 2nd machine doesn't appeared the RAID. I had tried the default configuration.

And I could record some Blu-rays in the 1nd machine but I couldn't read what I had recorded.

Now I bought the Pioneer BD209, probably it arrives Saturday. So I will try again with this new hardware. I'm thinking that the recorder is the main problem because so many users here in the forum (and specially the buyers of the same blu-ray media discs [Sony, Verbatim TDK - all japanese versions]) don't reported the same problem as I had.

Thanks!

To the OP: Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling imgburn?

I run into a problem with imgburn recognizing drives properly after using DVDShrink to create and burn an image.

Hi classfour,

Yes I tried uninstalling and unfortunately it didn't work. Maybe the problem is my Pioneer 206, thus very soon I will try again with the new one BD209.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Does the disc burn all the way and just don't finalize? Is the burning partially and then fails? You could have a bad disc. Are you copying commercial Movies?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by digitaljar View Post
    Does the disc burn all the way and just don't finalize? Is the burning partially and then fails? You could have a bad disc. Are you copying commercial Movies?
    Hi digitaljar,

No. it's family videos that I had converted of VHS, MiniDV and DVD to Blu-ray.

The disc burn all the way and finalize normally. However when I put it into the recorder again the Pioneer BD206 can't read it. So, I ever uses a Blu-ray Player (in this case the Playstation 3 to read my discs) and it reads fine. So, this is why I bought another recorder (Pioneer BD209) because I suspect that it is the problem. Tomorrow it will arrive, so I will be able to test.

I have been trying more than 6 different brands (Verbatim, Sony, TDK, Phillips, Nipponic and Forge). I bought both from US and Japan. The brand that better worked was Verbatim, but the problem with reading process ever happens after the burning process.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you verify the burns with imgburn? If they verify, I see no reason why the burner would not be able to read the disc again.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM

Do you verify the burns with imgburn? If they verify, I see no reason why the burner would not be able to read the disc again.

DB83 and Arnold,

I made the test today with my new hardware "Pioneer BD209" and it is reading all the blu-ray media discs normally. So, the problem was my antique Pioneer BD206.

Thank you very much for all your help and replies.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!