VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Is it me or have the BIG superbowl ads been kind of a downer the last few years?

To me it seems like its only been budweiser and M&Ms that have had any decent commercials for the last few years.

Although I don't know if it was last year or not but there was a cool one with Clint Eastwood for Chrysler the other year.

But I mean in general they haven't been EYEOPENING or anything for awhile now, to me at least.

And they preview the hell out of them before the game anyway so it's almost a letdown it seems.

What about you?

(edit and budweizers best ads to me were the horses playing football and the BUD_WIZ_ERR frogs series, until that stupid talking gekko or whatever ruined the series, and I'm not even a beer drinker,,,,,,)
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, the Budweiser ads are by far the best ads shown on Superbowl day. It's one of the reasons our family watches the Superbowl. We love to watch those beautiful Clydesdale horses.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Yes, the Budweiser ads are by far the best ads shown on Superbowl day. It's one of the reasons our family watches the Superbowl. We love to watch those beautiful Clydesdale horses.
    I've heard of time shifting with the DVR to skip the ads., but when I read your comment I had this picture in my mind
    of some viewers with the remote in-hand, skipping the Superbowl so they could enjoy the ads.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Yes, the Budweiser ads are by far the best ads shown on Superbowl day. It's one of the reasons our family watches the Superbowl. We love to watch those beautiful Clydesdale horses.
    yeah, i remember one of the first ones when two guys on a range are watching them play football, and the kick an extras point. one guy turns to the other in amazement and says "do they always do that?" and the other guy replies "no, they usually go for two".

and yes, those frogs were great, i remember the simpsons, i think it was, did a spoof where the 3 frogs are doing their BUD_WIZ_ERR thing and an alligator comes by and swallows them in one gulp while saying "coors", LOL.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deadrats
    i remember one of the first ones when two guys on a range are watching them play football, and the kick an extras point. one guy turns to the other in amazement and says "do they always do that?" and the other guy replies "no, they usually go for two"
    That was the one I was thinking of when I was making my post

yes, those frogs were great
    I don't know which company it was but the beer house was pretty good. The one made out of beer cans. And the "magic beer fridge" was another good one.

Like I said I don't drink beer but I do like some of the ads.

i remember the simpsons, i think it was, did a spoof where the 3 frogs are doing their BUD_WIZ_ERR thing and an alligator comes by and swallows them in one gulp while saying "coors", LOL.
    I'll have to look that up sometime. I don't remember that one.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't watch the Super Bowl or the commercials during it, but I usually look up the ads on-line after the fact. It seems to me that the last few years all the money goes for the rights to broadcast during the Super Bowl and nothing is left for quality/creativity in the commercial itself.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i don't watch much football either. but i do watch the olympics. they usually have some good ones. the Beijin games had a couple of Coke versions i think. with less than two weeks away, looking forward to Sochi games though.
    Quote Quote