VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I've got a bluray (Sleepwalkers from Image Entertainment/Columbia Pictures) and I'm trying to isolate and rip the trailer that's on it.

I've opened it in MakeMKV and notice that there are two titles that aren't the feature title. Each has chapters (4 for the first, 2 for the second). I ripped these, but when I opened the MKV files, both appeared to just be menu backgrounds. I'm assuming one of those chapters is the trailer, but I have no idea how to isolate it specifically.

I'm new at this, so forgive me if this is a newbie mistake. I'm on a Mac, if it helps.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try tsmuxer and open the separate m2ts files or mpls playlist. But I don't know if tsmuxer works at all in newer mac osx.

And I'm moving you to our mac section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. for most blu-rays each trailer is in a separate m2ts file so simply checking the m2ts files in the STREAM folder of your Blu-ray might solve the problem. (assuming your blu-ray lies on your hdd and has no copy protection)
    Quote Quote  
  4. So tsmuxer doesn't work. How can I rip the whole Bluray so I get the m2ts files in the STREAM folder?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Use MakeMkv to copy all the content to hdd inside mkv files.
    Find the mkv file which contains the trailer.
    Cut the mkv using mkvtoolnix.
    Quote Quote